Questions about 1984 Riviera Convertible HELP!

Guest 1984_RIVIERA

Guest 1984_RIVIERA

Hi,

I'm trying to help my aging father sell an old classic he's had -

It's a 1984 Buick Convertible (RED) with a Grand National 6cyl turbo -

Supposedly only 11 were made in this color -

Can anyone tell me where to get an idea how much this car might be worth -

It has 70k miles and in great shape!

Thanks!

I have the twin to your dad's car with 45k on it. There were 47 red and white cars built in 84, but the is no breakdown on how much of each color ( general thoughts are 2 whites to each red ). How much you can get for it depends when you sell it ( spring is your best bet ) and what kind of shape it is in. I've seen them priced from $7500 to $20,000 ( what they actually sold for I can not say). I realize I not giving a direct answer, but in this economy-it's hard to say.

Guest 1984_RIVIERA

Wow, thanks Kevin ...

That helps me a bit - it's in really good shape - the only thing they did was unhook the auto-leveler ? Also the AC needs freon. I wish it was a '58 Buick, then I'd talk him into giving it to ME LOL ... I'm not into later models, except maybe Jeeps!

Sons never like their fathers taste in cars. Waiting till spring might be the best bet, right now, he just wants his garage space. Funny how he collected cars his whole life, then once retired, it got boring. Plus, he knows nothing about how to work on them, only how to drive them around to show off LOL!

Guest 1984_RIVIERA
I have the twin to your dad's car with 45k on it. There were 47 red and white cars built in 84, but the is no breakdown on how much of each color ( general thoughts are 2 whites to each red ).

What was/is so special about the Grand National engine in these? Wouldn't the larger 8 cyl be better? There is very little info, in fact, none about that engine being used in the Riviera that I could find?

Guest 1984_RIVIERA

Thanks Tim -

So, the Riviera's with the Grand National are rare, and then worth a bit more than the V-8.

I still miss my 1977 Grand Prix SJ - my first car - parents thought it was a great car for a 16 year old because it was huge ... they didn't know the POWER LOL ...

Dave

Guest 1984_RIVIERA

No, I've never driven this one - he used to have a Chev Impala, with the Vette engine ... it was sweet - I DID drive that one - it felt like it literally left the ground when it took off ...

I have no desire to drive this one, but if it was like a '58 buick covertible, I wouldn't be posting here, I'd be begging him to give me the car! (Those years are my faves)

No, I've never driven this one - he used to have a Chev Impala, with the Vette engine ... it was sweet - I DID drive that one - it felt like it literally left the ground when it took off ...

I have no desire to drive this one, but if it was like a '58 buick covertible, I wouldn't be posting here, I'd be begging him to give me the car! (Those years are my faves)

Another deal might be to locate someone with a 58 that you like and talk trade.

Guest 1984_RIVIERA

Hi AIK,

Yea, that would be great! (If he'd let me) - But he wants to sell it - he finally got tired of collecting cars ....

• 1 month later...