1925 dodge brothers parts

Bob ,I'm sorry for saying my car is a 128 ,I was just going for the first three old pics you post ,I still can tell the difference between the first set of pics you post of the 128 and the second set of pics of the 124.

I took one of the door panel off and found trace of the original green color,I also found behind a panel, a piece of paper from the desk of a Barbara LeMay dated 4/14/84 stating that the car was purchase from the Mcleods Auction ,describing the car as a 1928 yellow black conv,at least it's being yellow black that long... like you guys prove,my car is definitely a 124 cabriolet, I want to thank you guys for all the information,pictures and patience on dealing with this matter,it's being fun, If I find anything else interesting in this car I'll post it for you ,even though I think you guys seen it all,thanks again.

I took one of the door panel off and found trace of the original green color,I also found behind a panel, a piece of paper from the desk of a Barbara LeMay dated 4/14/84 stating that the car was purchase from the Mcleods Auction ,describing the car as a 1928 yellow black conv,at least it's being yellow black that long... like you guys prove,my car is definitely a 124 cabriolet, I want to thank you guys for all the information,pictures and patience on dealing with this matter,it's being fun, If I find anything else interesting in this car I'll post it for you ,even though I think you guys seen it all,thanks again.

We have definitely NOT seen it all. Nothing is written in stone or sacred about the late twenties cars. With the depression on and all of the homemade stuff in the era, we are liable to find almost anything not seen before.

Some trunks such as the one on my car were dealer installed, consumer had no choice in the matter, that was the only way you could buy the car was with trunk. I know majority of them though were accesories as dwollam pointed out.

post-65619-143138156979_thumb.jpg In this car the trunk is bolted to a long hinge that is bolted to the trunk mounts or frame ,so it can be lift up like a door to get to the gas cap,sounds complicated,but it's actually very simple ,everything looks very symmetrical and old looking like is being there since new.

Here are some pics of a couple 1927 124 models and 1 1928 128 model. The crusty one with the carb assembled backwards is a 27 124 as is the really nice 1927 124 sport roadster double pic. The other clean engine is the 1928 128 "Fast Four". Same engine, different year car/chassie. The red engine is in a 1927 124 coupe.

post-31905-143138157553_thumb.jpg

post-31905-143138157554_thumb.jpg

post-31905-143138157556_thumb.jpg

post-31905-14313815756_thumb.jpg

Can't post pics. Look for a picture of a Farmall A or Internatonal 140, they are pretty common. Air cleaner is an "S" shaped pipe leading to an oil bath container, pretty ugly for a car. For a car I'd put a motorcycle dirt bike sock inside one of the turbine types, it would look original and actually clean the air.

I liked the idea of the bike filter,thanks

the air filter is a simple set up for a ford 9n it hooks to your air intake by a rubber hose and hose clamped and then there is a canister with the filter in it and then a snorkle that goes up thru the hood with a round cap on it you can pick them up at a tractor supply store or central tractor store. And you should of got your lenz today for your head lamp leave me know if you got it and if its ok thanks john