Master Editors? Anyone???

Ok, I know for a fact that letters have been sent out. I even heard from a friend that an early "Christmas present" arrived at their house. ;)

Anyone else get theirs yet?

Should be an exciting Annual Meeting this year, so shout out if you're coming in February!:)

Wayne

Gosh, not a single response? :confused:

Well, I've done such a lousy job that I know I won't get an ME this year.

What!?? :confused:

Oh yeah! :o I'm not even an editor anymore!!:D

Hoping to hear that someone got that early Christmas present today!!!!;)

Wayne

Kay and I received our Master Editor award notice a few days ago. We are making plans right now to fly out and attend the event. We are also doing the Registration for our 2010 Central Fall Meet in August and plan on attending the seminar on Registration. It's going to be a very busy year!

Jim & Kay Scott

Mississippi Valley Region

I received my letter just before Christmas and I very pleased to have "made it" again. I am still thrilled about receiving the Ann Eady Award last year. Bless you all for all your work.

BUT, who can tell me why the letter was only addressed to me "Pat". My dear hubby, Bill, is so important to our Newsletter that it could not be done without his help. Plus during critical times (deadlines), he willing gets Healthy Choice for dinner! He sacrifices a lot.

Again, thanks for the honor. We will hopefully see you in Philadelphia.

Bill & Pat

Pat,

It may have been due to the way you filled out the newsletter competition paperwork at the beginning of the year. Did you put only your name as Editor on the form? I initially just put my name on the paperwork. After Di started helping me with the newsletter I wanted her name on the awards but the next ME award still had only my name. After mentioning it to the VP Publications, I started putting both our names on the paperwork each year. Now her name is included on the ME Awards.

Pat,

It probably has to do how the Region secretary filled out the paperwork. If they didn't list you both as co-editors then only you will receive the letter. Also it might just be a mistake. I am co-editor with Fran Shore for the Buzzard's Breath Touring Region. We received a Master again this year. Fran received a letter. I did not. After a talk with National yesterday, a letter is on its way as I type. So you first might want to check with the Region secretary. If they listed you as joint you might want to give National a call.

Congratulations!

Judy

OK, so I have been publishing our club newsletter all year but don't know where to mail the copies to. It seems that our president didn't give me the proper forms.

The rules say, "A copy of each issue of your newsletter must be mailed to national headquarters as well to several members of the Publications Committee. The name and address of these individuals are printed each year in the Rummage Box, on the AACA editor’s discussion forum found on the AACA Website (http://www.aaca.org) and are also included in the NAAP registration package mailed to your club."

I can't find the names of these individuals anywhere in the this forum and our past president can't find the regristration package.

Next year I won't have any excuses as they elected me president.

Your secretary should have listed you as editor when they mailed the Officer Reporting Form (OFR) to National. This is filled out yearly. Once National receives this and after Philly, the listed editor will receive a registration package. The names of those individuals that you need to send your newsletter to will be included in this packet. This is usually three members plus headquarters. They ask that you send you a copy to the current national President. You are not enrolled in the NAAP (Newsletter Achievement Awards Program) until you mail the registration packet back to National. This must be done each year even if you still hold the editor's job for another year. So you need to make sure that your OFR is filled out correctly and mailed back to headquarters. If the editor doesn't hear something by say the end of March, call National.

Hope that helps.

Judy

The Gettysburg Region recently received notice of the Master Editor Award this year for "The Gas Buggy Gazette." I have found the A.A.C.A. Library a great resource for getting old ads, old artwork, and research material for newsletter articles. (Thanks to Chris Ritter and the other library folks!)