Looking for the 1937 Oldsmobile L37 Convertible Sedan Maltby bodied

Guest Kajm

Hello classic car frends

I have seen that the1937 L37 Convertible Sedan Oldsmobile

with a Maltby body is in the USA. I would like to get in touch with the owner of that nice car. If anyone knows th owner p;eas forwrd this message on to him.

I am the owner of a MG maltby body car built in 1934. It was built up on a MGNA witch is a 6 cylinder straight in line engine car. The car is at the

moment being restored from chassis up.

I would like to get in tuch with other owners of Maltby cars but there

are only a few of these cars in the world left this is turning out to

be rather difficult. I live in Holland (Europa) and have vissited what

is left of the Maltby company. I have rather a nice collection of

Maltby material and would like so share it with other owners of Maltby

cars.

Hope to hear from one of you

Kaj

Guest palosfv3

Strange coincidence. The first old car I bought when I was about 20 was a 1935 MGNA Tourer #0614 if memory serves me correctly. Gene Ponder bought the car from me back in the late 80's. I believe he may have parted it out . You may want to inquire with the New England T register. There are a number of members that have several MMM MG's . Bob Sterling in Andover . IL is still racing his NE and is extremely knowledgeable about the N engine, chassis and such. There are a couple of special tools you may need , especially to line up the dynamo to the camshaft. I believe there are photos of some early custom bodied MGs in an old MG book I have at the house. I'll take a look and scan the pics of post the book title.

• 2 months later...
Guest redfern1937

Hi kaj , I am also a maltby owner,1937 buick redfern saloon tourer, and also have a lot of info including patent for power top patented 1934..I live 20 miles from sandgate where car was made..( did you visit factory, now block of flats or showroom now blockbusters video store ! ) heard of about 12 maltbys various types . my car has been to many shows in uk and europe . hope to hear from you soon

Stewart

This image of the '37 Maltby Oldsmobile comes from their page at Coachbuild.com...

The L-37 with a Redfern body was shown by John Lyons of West Hartford, CT, at the

Amelia Island Concours in 2009 in the American Open Classic (1935-1942) Class.

file.php?id=16211&t=1

And another, of a '39 Buick with Redfern body...

file.php?id=16210

I don't have any info on the Buick, but I forwarded your query on the Olds to Mr. Lyons.

Hope this helps in your quest Kaj, and please add your MG to the

growing files at Coachbuild.com, a site based in Holland.

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)

Guest John Lyons

The '39 Buick is owned by Jack Bebe, also of Connecticut. I showed my '37 at the Amelia Island Concours last year and won the corporate award for 'most fussy automobile'. Jack brought his to Newport last spring and had better luck. John Lyons

Thank you for your messge.

Great to hear of some one who owns a malty

Hi kaj , I am also a maltby owner,1937 buick redfern saloon tourer, and also have a lot of info including patent for power top patented 1934..I live 20 miles from sandgate where car was made..( did you visit factory, now block of flats or showroom now blockbusters video store ! ) heard of about 12 maltbys various types . my car has been to many shows in uk and europe . hope to hear from you soon

Stewart

Hello Steward

Sorry something went wrong. I had not finish my reply.

I live in Holland but travel to GB quit a lot. Last year i even came to your country 6 times but that was a personal record. We visit the MG fare at Stoneleigh only just a few weeks ago. Beaulie cllassic car fare in september we visit every year.

Most times we travel via Dover als just near Folkstone/Sandgate. We have frends in Folkstone and Hasting who we visit usualy when traveling though.

This sumer we intend to go to Wales for our Holidays, again via Dover.

I have collected a lot of information on Maltby and have several pictures of the factory before and after the fire. Several ads i have collected.

Lets keep in touch so we can meet sometime through the year ( most likely this summer) so we can spend an evening exchanging thought and copies of Maltby

Kaj van Ginkel

ginkelursem@hetnet.nl

If you let me have your email adres i wil send you a picture of the MG Maltby

Stewart

The '39 Buick is owned by Jack Bebe, also of Connecticut. I showed my '37 at the Amelia Island Concours last year and won the corporate award for 'most fussy automobile'. Jack brought his to Newport last spring and had better luck. John Lyons

John, when did you get that? Very cool. Do you still have your letter cars?

• 6 months later...
John, when did you get that? Very cool. Do you still have your letter cars?

It has been a while since i tried this , but i am stll trying to get in tougth wlth steward form Kent GB . You own a Maltby like myself and i would like to visit you next time i travel to GB.

Ik travel to the UK several times a year.

My direct email adres is mg10@hetnet.nl

Hope to hear from you

Kajm