228 ci Chrysler Engine

Guest Jake 1938

Guest Jake 1938

I am looking for a NOS or good used 228 ci short block or engine for my 1937 Chrysler. I also need some peripheral parts as well, including front engine mount, intake and exhaust manifolds, generator, oil filter, oil pan. I can arrange shipping to Canada. email jroorda@shaw.ca. Thanks

Edited by Jake 1938 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Guest gmorgan

I know that you can find parts on copart.com. sometimes it's easier and cheaper to buy the whole car and use the parts you need then to actually purchase each individual part, especially if they are particular parts for special cars. Check out their auctions, i've had a lot of success in the past.

Good luck

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest martylum

Hi-I just talked with a local advertiser who is selling a rebuilt 1950 Chrysler engine coupled to a 1937 Plymouth transmission. A strange marriage but explained by his having mounted the 50 engine in his 37 Plymouth circle track stock car years ago.

A 50 Chrysler is about 260 cu inches but apparently mounts in a 30s car and mates to a 30s transmission. The price is quite reasonable for a rebuilt engine which has been operated about 1,500 miles then pulled to make room for a modern 318 V-8.

If you are interested in pursuing a non-original engine contact me at: marty@oldercar.com

I'm currrently working on a 49 Chrysler wagon and surprised at how well it goes with only 116 hp and 260 inches.

Martin Lum