Disc and Dual Master Questions

Guest lynyrd

Does anyone have a phone no. for Scarebird.com can't get it from web site.

Seems like they only sell the bracket for the caliper not the caliper itself or the hoses, master,porportioning valve etc. Looking to keep one of the rivs 63-64 drum but want to change to dual master and porportioning value so need to find out about who might sell kits and if thats not possible which years would work if I have to get the stuff from a later model riv.,so far I've been told 1970 works. The other riv will be disc and I will still need to know about what caliper to buy,I think scarebird tells you at least that, which dual master, lines and porportioning value to get.Everythings got to be right and matched for the car. I remember when an auto parts store sold me the wrong dual master for my 65 Caddy and I almost got a Free Trip out the windsheild. I would much rather buy a complete kit than have to search for old junk.,but I'll do what I have to.

Lynyrd

Lynard,

For your drum/drum set up, there is a complete explantion of parts and procedures on the Rivera Owners Assn. website www.rivowners.org It's in the tech section and was written by Jim Cannon, one of the '63 Tech Advisors.

The instructions/parts list you get from Scarebird will only tell you what parts you need for the rotors, calipers, hoses, etc. They don't say anything about the booster or master cylinder. I got my calipers, etc. (new rotors and pads for the same) from a '76 Buick donor car disc/drum setup. I took the master cylinder, power booster, lines, juntion block, and proportioning valve from it as well. I'm basically transplanting an intire OE '76 brake system to the front of the '63 using the Scarebird brackets. All of the engineering has been done for me by Buick.

Ed