1990 REATTA RELAY BLOCK

mungt99

Guest simplyconnected

Padgett is saying that if the relay wires go to the antenna motor, then the relay is FOR the antenna. Some radios make a wire hot for the antenna to raise when you turn the radio on. The relay stops the motor, once the antenna is up. Conversely, when the radio is turned off, that same wire goes low, the antenna retracts, then the relay cuts motor power again. If it IS for the antenna, two wires (plus a ground) feed the relay, and the rest of the wires go to the antenna motor.

If you are trying to restore a car without a service manual......lots o luck.

The relay information is in section 8A-202-22 of the (1991) service manual

I am attaching a picture of the page as this has come up before.

post-30596-143138147565_thumb.jpg

Barney

Thank you

Your picture is what the block looks like, but I still need to know what plugs into it.

Actually I do have a manual, but it's for my 89, hence the problem of this block ID.

I also have a parts book that covers 88-91, but I have yet to locate it in there.

I have found that it saves time and money if I ask the members on this forum, as many have delt with these types of issues before.

I am not sure I understand the question. "what plugs into it"

The simple answer is "relays"

Which relays..... note that each relay position has a letter associated with it... ie "A", "B", "C" etc....... below the layout is a list that tells you the "A" = Trunk lid Release, "B" = Courtesy lamps....etc

Barney

I found a relay number in my parts book. It lists it as #25520198, however there is no way this relay will fit, yet it's the same one all the parts stores give me when I tell them what it's for. This is the problem I have been having when I ask for a Trunk lid release, or Courstesy lamps. This is why I looking for the correct part number.