East German Car Factory Fil

MochetVelo

Don't laugh guys...Somewhere West of Württemberg...on a tour of the Wixom Plant in 1993,

they used bf2x4's to accomplish the same thing on Town Car & Mark Vlll hoods!

TG

That's exactly how door fit was adjusted at the Linden Ford/ Lincoln/Mercury plant. A plain ole 2X4 to pry the door into position at the final assembly station. Then they wonder why the Japs ate our lunch.........Bobn

how do you guys think they did these adjustments before computor technologycame in , even on US assembled cars , ive been involved with car repair (eg)body shops for over 40 years , and can remember using some of those tecniques way back , even on US cars.

Guest Skyking

It reminds me of a printing press mechanic that came in our shop years ago to repair a press. In his toolbox he had three hammers. Small, medium and large. He used all three!:D

Guest windjamer
:D I went out on a service call for a no start. Guy said the starter just went click. I had him try it while I smacked the starter with a ford tool. Car started, he ask me if he owes anything? I said just for the service call. He said( I have to pay you for banging on my car with a hammer?) I said no, you pay me for knowing where to bang on it.:D

I have a piece of an East German Trabant. The body was Masonite with

a gelcoat surface! Looks just like these films, must be 70's or 80's films

because East Germany ceased to exist in 1989. Probably the Trabant

ceased at the same time.