374 V8 Supercharged

Hi Guys. I haven't been on here in a while, but Rich F. and Jack Vines will probably remember me.

Anywho, I've finally sold a guy on using a 374 V8, and we're going to supercharge it. Once we get the transmission adapter worked out, we'll be putting a TKO600 up to the back of it. I'm also working on manufacturing 700R4 transmissions that will be BOLT IN with any of the V8 cars.

We'll be running a GMC 8:71 supercharger on it, with 6 Strombergs on top. Should be quite a hoot once it's done. I'm sure Rich will get tired of me asking him questions about the internals on the motor. :D

Ray Gun

Neat project, keep us posted! If I recall, the AMC/Hash version of the Packard V8 had a forged crankshaft? I would start looking there and I'm sure that Ross, Venolia etc would be glad to make up a set of pistons. I believe Mopar 383 HiPo valve train (lifters, springs, keepers, retainers) will fit without modification.

If I recall, the AMC/Hash version of the Packard V8 had a forged crankshaft?

Don't know about AMC engines, but some of the Packard V8 engines had forged cranks; they are numbered differently but also easy to spot as the rod throw pins are solid, not hollow. Just about a year ago I had occasion to see a 374 block at a rebuilders that had a forged crank.

• 3 months later...

Bad news, the block is junk, as are the heads. Sooooo, we're looking for a new block and heads, also need a front cover and oil pan. Or, just a whole motor that's known to be a good core!

Bad news, the block is junk, as are the heads. Sooooo, we're looking for a new block and heads, also need a front cover and oil pan. Or, just a whole motor that's known to be a good core!

You might try Mike Dulinski. I don't have his email (somebody here likely does). I believe he is in MI and has dozens of V8 cars he is parting out.

• 3 months later...