Roof storage

Guest ImperialNorth

Guest ImperialNorth

Does anyone have a diagram or photo of the proper way of suspending the hardtop inside your garage. I'd like to rig a lift to support the roof out of the way but obviously I don't want to put uneven stress on the roof and certainly don't want it falling out of the harness.

Guest David Simons

go to a site called automotion.com . That is where I got my lifting harness. It is on sale for about $50 and secures the top very well. Do not buy the entire kit with the winch though. You can go to NAPA and buy a real nice remote controlled winch for about $140 . Auto motion wants over $400 for a complete system and you can do it yourself for right at $200. I've done two of them this way.

Guest David Simons

Napa does not show one online. That does not mean that the guy in the store can not get one. I actually bought mine from carquest. Make sure it is 110 and not 12 volt. That way you can plug into an extension cord or if you have a receptacle for a door opener in the ceiling. Send me you private e-mail and I will send you pictures of the ones I have done. I would post them here but can never figure out how to post them. I got lucky once and did it.

t does dissassemble, It never was used, I think I have the original box. It is complete, with a winch, straps, & hooks, In excellent condition, never actually used.. I just assembled it to get a good look at it, and how it works. Sorry no it does not include shipping....... Lou

Hi Glen,

Tomorrow I will lay it out and take a couple of good pics. I will also look for the box. I'm doing that because I am going to disassemble it for packing & shipping. pretty sure I still have the original paperwork with directions.

Please give me your address for shipping price.

Hi Bob,

It's Glen's thread so I figure he has first refusal. I have that address info you sent so I will get your shipping info too.

I am sure to you guys this is a joke; but it's getting cold down here. AM temp at b'kfst time is 20 deg.f

Hi Glen,

A small delay, Snowing in Southside Virginia, I had to put 1 of the cars in the barn where I was going to take the pics. The snow will probably overnight to ice. To make life easy I move a car to the top of the hill . It will all be gone in a day or 2, and I

ll take the pics then.. Lou

OK, I'll try for tomorrow. ~ Also ~ Check back threads.. I put up a complete picture essay showing mine, both are made from 2x4s, 5/16" nylon line, pulleys, hooks, & a crank. It was probably a year & 1/2 ago.. Lou

• 5 months later...
Guest pizzaman7880

Lou

Did you ever sell the roof rack? I am interested

Don Croner

90 WBB

91YGT (for sale atn3700.00)