1934 dodge bros humpback panel

Guest mswank

i have a 1934 dodge brothers humpback panel truck, i am looking for any information like production numbers, restored value, help finding parts. anything anyone can tell me about the truck in general. thanks

Guest DodgeKCL

Two books I have say 68469 KCs and KCLs were built in 1934. Both books say there is no breakdown by model. However one book then goes on to say that KC serial numbers started at 8023001 and ended at 8048626 for a total of 25625. It then says KCL numbers started at 9202001 and ended at 9203885 for a total of 1884. The author may be confused between Model (KC/KCL) and Style (Pickup). There is no breakdown by Style.

But as you can see that still doesn't add up to 68469. I may be reading that number wrong,it may mean TOTAL Dodge trucks,all models, built in 1934.

Edited by DodgeKCL (see edit history)

my serial number is bigger than the ending one you posted, what does that mean? could this be a different year? any ideas to verify the year?

my serial number is bigger than the ending one you posted, what does that mean? could this be a different year? any ideas to verify the year?

33/34 looked the same. 35 had non suicide doors, but I am not sure if early 35 would have suicide.

That's about all I know :( ... except they always were popular years for Dodge trucks :)

Your motor number may help the correct ID by one of the Dodge guys here.

Guest DodgeKCL

KC/KCL was used for the small 1/2 ton chassis in both 1934 and '35. HC/HCL was 1933. All 3 years of Dodge trucks look exactly the same. I am not sure if all sheet metal is EXACTLY the same or not. The '33 dash is out of the '33 car but the '34/'35 dash is unique to the trucks. The '35 front doors opened suicide or 'normal' depending on date built. Early production was suicide and most people are now calling it the 'First Series'. They went to normal opening doors late in the year as they approached 1936 LC production and call them the 'Second Series'.

The 'B-2-3' means 119" Panel 1/2 ton. I've been collecting the body tag data for a number of years from different owners and can finally decode what Dodge meant by the letters and numbers. 'LR' means Line Registration and '1201' in the body sequential build number.

I don't know why the serial number is higher than my book numbers. 1935 numbers are different again. I guess we just still do not have all the VIN (Serial Numbers) Dodge used in those years.

If it were to be a 1935 KCL ,like mine, it would have a 8 million number for Detroit and a 9 million number if assembled in Los Angeles California. BUT the California numbers don't go as high as yours! However my 1935 KCL's body number starts with a 'B' just like yours. '37 body number is 'K' (not to be confused with Model KC/KCL!),1939's body number starts with an 'M'. So I'm led to believe 'B' is 1935? Or did Dodge use 'B' for 1934 body style numbers just like they used 'K' for both '34/'35 Model codes? You'll just have to stay tuned.

Chrysler Historical has the original build ticket for your truck in their archives and it would answer a lot of these questions. If you send them $25 they wiil send you a Xerox of it by snail mail. You can get the info on the Chrysler Historical site. I have my 1935 KCL build ticket.

Edited by DodgeKCL (see edit history)

• 6 years later...
  • 4 years later...