1955 Chrysler Windsor

rickyrhill

Ricky, check out your dimmer switch on the floor...if you haven't already done that. Work it a number of times. I'll look at the '55 shop manual for the breaker and relay location.

Also, if your '55 is a two-door hardtop or convertible, I have an excellent quality, custom-fit car cover, that I am no longer using. I have it priced right. Let me know, if you want more info on that. John in Wisconsin

Dont know about the Windsor but most of the Chrysler products of that era have a thermal fuse in back of the light switch assembly; not something you can replace ( other than changing the switch itself ).

JJ is on the money, check out the floor dipper switch make sure you have power to it or go back to the lighting switch, they are prone to failure.

Ricky, check out your dimmer switch on the floor...if you haven't already done that. Work it a number of times. I'll look at the '55 shop manual for the breaker and relay location.

Also, if your '55 is a two-door hardtop or convertible, I have an excellent quality, custom-fit car cover, that I am no longer using. I have it priced right. Let me know, if you want more info on that. John in Wisconsin

Thanks for the info. I have the car in the garage.

I just purchased a 1955 Chrysler Windsor and can't get the headlights to come on. They were working before being shipped. Where are the breakers in the car?

There's a 20A breaker on the back of the switch. If you don't have a shop manual that is absolutely the FIRST thing you need to buy. steering wheels, or almost any parts for 50's MOPARS, are hard to find and very pricey when you do find them. ................Bob

Be very careful not to bend or break the insulation on the wires. The cloth covering is easily broken and the rubber under it crumbles with a touch!

Exactly. I had a 48 Packard with the cloth covered wires that upon inspection looked to be okay, but were very brittle as the heat and father time pretty much ruined them and the grommets that go from underhood to the interior. One of the wires grounded itself and I had the hardest time trying to get my instrument panel to light up. Drove me nuts for the longest time!

Archived