Identify this couple

Guest JR Cars

Guest JR Cars

post-60741-143138143235_thumb.jpgI picked up this picture from Walter Miller via ebay of a Stoddard-Dayton roadster. I'm almost positive it is our car that we bought from the Paine auction. I know our car was sold to Paine by Sam Scher, and Tom Lester owned the car prior to Scher. Tom displayed the car at Hershey in 1958 (check the 75th anniversary pics). When we stripped the red/ cream paint, the white paint in this picture was visible.

The big question is who are the people seen in the car?

Guest JR Cars

I'm not sure, but I imagine this couple would have been the people that Tom Lester purchased the car. For extra points, what is the vintage of the pickup?

Twistwrench-- Could you please post the year, serial #, and engine #? I have a reference book published by the AACA in 1957 listing all cars and owners in the three clubs. (AACA,VMCCA,HCCA) The car in the pix appears to me to be around 1910/11 and a double bucket roadster? I agree on the pick up '53/'54 ---Bob

Edited by Seldenguy (see edit history)

Guest JR Cars

The car is a 1911, model 11K. Frame number is 133, body number 121, and engine number 11F621. Sam Scher had it until 1967, when he sold it to Richard Paine with 40 other cars in a package deal. It is not a double bucket roadster (although Bonham's sold a '10 at the Seal Cove sale as well), but the rear seat is a "single width folding seat". S-D offically called the car a 'semi-torpedo'.

Twistwrench--From the thousands of entries in the register there are only four 1911 Stoddard Dayton's recorded, bearing in mind it was a voluntary project. The car you have described is not listed in the AACA book.---Bob, The 1911, 11F, serial #361 is listed as owned by L.R. Lohr. ---Bob

Edited by Seldenguy (see edit history)

That 1961 AACA list has L.R.Lohr with a 1907 Model K engine # 117 was it his or the Chicago Museum of Science & Industry car?

Twistwrench--From the thousands of entries in the register there are only four 1911 Stoddard Dayton's recorded, bearing in mind it was a voluntary project. The car you have described is not listed in the AACA book.---Bob, The 1911, 11F, serial #361 is listed as owned by L.R. Lohr. ---Bob