insurance apprasials in pa

Guest pony power

Guest pony power

just got off the phone with my insurance agent. I want to insure my Classic they told me it needed to have a value assigned to it.

does anybody know who does that in the Harrisburg/Hershey Pa area

Hello.

Here is a group that I know for sure does that kind of work. My husband and I have done the legwork for them for three appraisals. Two were for divorce cases and one was a pre-purchase examination. They do lots of insurance work also.

I-VAN - Your Source for Fast and Accurate Auto Appraisals

Edited by Shop Rat (see edit history)

I agree that I-VAN is a great resource, and further suggest that you look into insurers who specialize in collectable vehicles, rather than on your "modern" policy. Rates are better, and the type of coverage is far better suited to the enthusiast. I personally use J. C. Taylor, and know others who are happy with Hagerty, Grundy, and several others. Look into the difference in specialized coverage and then decide.

Good luck with your new toy

Guest martylum

Hi-Sorry I can't steer you to to anyone directly in the Harrisburg area. Check the yellow pages.

If you don't have any luck I'm an auto restorer who does appraisals located an hour S of Harrisburg down rt. 81 at Mont Alto, Pa. Give me a call at 717-749-3383

Martin Lum

Older Car Restoration

Guest JR Cars

If your insurance agent wants your business, he or she should recommend one for you! If not, go to Hagerty or some similar company that insures collectible cars all day long. Most times, you might not even need an appraisal if your value is in the ballpark. If you still want to stay with your agent, Jed Rapoport in Allentown performs appraisals.

We are a Haggerty Authorized Repair Facility in the York area and can do it as well. No need for an expensive formal detailed appraisal. We have done them for years and have never had one questioned. Pick someone convenient to you. Shouldn't cost more than $50-100.

Jeff Hammers/Penn-Dutch Restorations 717-515-8617

Bear in mind that regardless of which insurance company you go with if you ever have a claim the adjuster who shows up to look at your car will likely have NO experience with collector vehicles. All insurers farm out their claims work to the same adjusters who spend their time looking at modern cars. We have yet to have one show up that knew much, if anything, about antiques, most recently regarding considerable damage to a 1929 Pierce. That is when you need an experienced restoration shop to go to bat for you.

Guest William H. Smith

I am a certified appraiser with I-VAN and am located in Middletown. I cover the Harrisburg and Hershey area. Give me a call. Bill Smith 717-948-0935.

Guest jleigey

I am the regional Territory Manager for Hagerty Insurance. I would be happy to work with your agent to provide you with collector vehicle insurance through us or refer you to another local agent that represents Hagerty. We do not require appraisals for your cars, there are no mileage restrictions and you do not have to obtain any special registration.

Please feel free to contact me: jleigey@hagerty.com or call at 800-747-5348 ext. 8385.

Jodie Leigey:)

Guest Siegfried

I was going to suggest Bill Smith from Middletown, but I noted that he has already posted a response. Give Bill a call he sure knows old cars, and there value.