Intermitten blinker, tail light problem

Guest daveagain909

Guest daveagain909

my 1990 convertible is having a problem with the directional blinkers, they do no blink sometimes. And it now appears if I do not get them blinking when I shut the car off the tail light and front running lights stay on even when the car is shut off and I did not have the lights on. Could it be the flasher, shorting out?, which I do not know were it is? or is it something more. also when the car blinkers misfunction the emergency flashers do not flash also, Then all of a sudden everything starts working correctly. Help?

Since the problem is with both the front and rear..... right and left side, my guess is a bad

park light relay "F" located on the right front of the console.

On late build 1990 Reattas there is a second parking light relay located in the same area with no identification that could cause the same problem...

I suspect the only way you will find the bad one is to pull one or both of the relays when the problem occurs, then you will know which one is bad.

If it were a turn relay, it would only affect one side.

If it were a blinker it would only light the turn (bright) bulbs.....and again only one side.

Fuse #10 is the one feeding those lights that is hot all the time.

Guest daveagain909

Barey when you say on the right front of the consol where exactly is that? is it the passenger side? and do you mean in the center consol? and how do I get at it? Sorry for being so stupid but just not sure were all the fuses and relays are.

Guest daveagain909

can i get at the "park light relay "F" located on the right front of the console" by just removing the small port hole cover or do I need to remove the entire side of the consol?.