Why isn't the 1936 part of the "Club"?

scott12180

Just curious ---

There is a Buick Club specifically for 1937 and 1938 Buicks with a publication called the "Torque Tube".

Since the 1936 Buicks were the start of this new series of exceptionally good performing and looking Buicks, why not include the 1936's as well?

Is there a significant difference between the 1936 and 1937 Buicks?

Thanks ---

I guess the guys that started the 1937 1938 Buick club just liked those 2 years. To me 37 & 38 have more in common than 36 & 37.

Been reported on this forum the 1937 1938 Buick club is no longer operating

Another thread http://forums.aaca.org/f165/information-1937-38-buick-club-270891.html

There is a web site 1937 and 1938 Buicks web site that has some (but not all) issues of the Torque Tube

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

Attached is the new membership application that I just received from the 36-38 club it has all the info you need. We would love to have you in the club we have great people and good resources in the club. Remember you have to be a BCA member to join. We have about 120 members currently, but the old 37-38 club had around 500 at it's peak so we still have some work to do but it is growing everyday as people find out about the new club and the stigmata of the old 37-38 club and it's demise is erased.

To answer your original question on why know 36's I suggest going to 1937 and 1938 Buicks www.1937and1938Buicks.com and downloading the first Torque Tube Magazine. I believe Dave Lewis the club's founder talks about how the club was formed in this first newsletter.

But that is history and the 36-38 Club is the present and future so we look forward to having you (or any other interested folks) in the club. I should mention I am not an officer in the 36-38 club but am just a big fan and promoter of the club.

Brian

36-38 member application.pdf

I was a member of the original club and joined back in 1982 when Dave Lewis started the club. I signed up for the new club and paid my dues at the Buick Nationals in Flint, when the club was just starting to sign members. I waited and waited for the club to get off the ground and sent Gene Phillips two e-mails over the course of several months, both went unanswered. Frustrated, I wrote a final e-mail commenting on the poor way the club was being run and expressing my regret for joining it. Weeks later, I got a letter and my dues back. The letter ended by saying the club was better off without members like me in it.

After being a member in good standing of the original club and paying dues every year for almost 25 years, I wouldn't be a member of the new club if I was paid to join. I've belonged to the AACA, CCCA, Packard club, Cadillac club, VMCCA, Buick club and others over the years and have never experienced the rudeness I did with Phillips from the '36 to '38 Buick club. The old club was a very good, professionally run organization until the last editor took it over. I'm not surprised the membership is so low in the new club, considering the response I got.

Guest Mike Hanning

I was a member of the '37 - '38 club until it folded, however I am full of praise and admiration for the people who kick started the '36 - '38 club and pleased to add I am a member. I appreciate and understand the hard work and time these dedicated guys devote to the club. You could benefit by leaving shadows behind you and allowing the sun to shine on your face by joining.

Please have a re-think.

Clubs are what the members make of them. Being in charge of an organization is nothing but hard work, and I second the previous comments applauding the board's efforts. For me, it's time to get past the fact that those two years of paid 37-38 membership I lost probably helped pay for somebody's Hawaiian vacation, and I'm sending in my 36-38 membership today!