Upholstery supplier

bobj49f2

It seems every one points to LeBaron Bonney is the place to go for upholstery kits. I've checked with them and their kit for my '37 is around $4000. I went to the Kanter site and found they also sold kits at a lot less.

Has anyone used one of Kanter's kits?

It is too much, but if their Buick kit is of the same authenticity and quality of their Ford kits it will be perfectly authentic. The Kanter kit is likely inauthentic and of replacement quality, but if your car is to be a driver then it may be OK for you. By the time you buy material from SMS and pay labor for a competent upholsterer you may not save as much as one would think and would likely not have equal quality. Big $$$, good luck! Todd

The Hampton/LeBaron kits use good quality materials, but some have problems with fit, and they don't have anybody on staff anymore that knows anything about the GM kits they sell. Expect to pay the $4K, plus another $1500-$2500 to have an upholsterer install unless you're handy with auto upholstery.

My neighbor had his interior on his '34 Ford, which is slightly smaller but not much than my Buick, done a local place for around $3000, including everything. It looks really nice. I just happened on the Kanter site and wanted to know what other thought. I would like to do as much of the work on the myself as possible.

Ewing on the forum here installed the leather upholstery in his '47 with patience. I think he got it from Hampton Coach, but I'm not absolutely certain. Either way, it is confirmation that it can be done.

I can't speak to Kanter's or any of the other kits personally. The upholstery I've had done was through a local upholsterer and had them source the material.