Parts car

Guest 1930

<TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>3n43k83p95Q95P45Rd9bt7609879b2bb31446.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>3p53o13l65Qc5R25S99btef8ef7372e151b0b.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

26 Dodge, supposedely has all the parts, havent seen car yet, looks like a parts car to me, is it worth 800-1000. thinking about buying it and parting it out, thanks for any input. If it is worth that than what parts might I look to make sure it has? I know next to nothing on these earlier cars, I know an engine would be a start.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Ill prob. pass I guess and let the guy scrap it. From lack of response I see its safe to assume that it isnt worth anything. He seema to think that the steel has gone up in price so its worth several hundred as scrap and since it has no title he dosent want to sell it to someone that might use the body for something else.

Ill prob. pass I guess and let the guy scrap it. From lack of response I see its safe to assume that it isnt worth anything. He seema to think that the steel has gone up in price so its worth several hundred as scrap and since it has no title he dosent want to sell it to someone that might use the body for something else.

Hold on now, just a minute, hold yer horses...you only posted this less than a day ago. Wait a day or two for a response or is the guy wanting to scrap it right NOW? If the guy has all of the non-seen parts, then it is DEFINITELY worth saving or parting out. Metal prices are down again so by the time you remove the metal from the wood, you got nuthin' left to scrap.

Your right, forgotten that I only posted this last night. Its not my car and the guy wants to be done with it either way but I am sure he can wait another day or two. He told me he wants it gone either way this Fri so that is why I guess I feel a little rushed also. I dont know what parts are their, he says all there but you know how that goes.

I would ask him to see just what the scrap price he would be getting is....then offer him $25.00 more than the scrap metal place and get it home. If he says it's all there...maybe it is and you could score a very cool car. Ask him to show you the other parts.

Guest oldodgeboys

If its going to be sold for parts, I'd like a shot at the wheels and front bumper (to frame) mounting brackets. Probably other parts too.

• 5 months later...
Guest willie1974

Hi There. I am from South Africa and recently purchashed a 1939 Hudson 112 4 Door sedan. I cant seem to find any similar car nowhere. What is the value of this car? Can anyone help. It is still original and running?

Hi Willie,

You really should set-up this question in a "New Thread". It is SO buried here in this Dodge thread that no one will see it that could probably help! I am pretty sure you can just do a copy of the text from your original post while in an "edit" of that original post, then do a delete of that original post to remove it from here so you do not have two places to watch for answers, then hit the "New Thread" button on either the "Hudson" make and model subject or some other of the more general subjects.

I would do this before you start getting answers to your question here.

Have a good one! Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest junkyardcar

I have a 1917 touring car with nothing on it but the body. emty shell. I can use anything you have. I'm in Texas. I'm retired so I have all the time in thbe world. Thanks !! ( KEEP THAT OLD METAL ALIVE )