Sign in to follow this  
sdzaiser

Foreign Car Repair in Central PA?

I would love to work on my 1979 Midget myself, but I'm too busy, being away for college in Massachusetts. Do any of you folks know of anyone who works on foreign cars who is good in Central Pennsylvania?

Also, If you know of anyone I should avoid, tell me about that too.

Thanks,

Seth Zaiser

Dennis Frick is just south of Harrisburg. He's a restorer, though, so he may not be what you're looking for.

You might want to give him a call anyway, as perhaps he can steer you in the right direction. Mention my name. I'm sure he'll be more than helpful.

717-932-6600

Steele Motors

700 Enola Road, Enola

717-732-9229

Off route 15 close to the Enola railroad yards. Probably 6 miles from you. Does nothing by foreign vehicles: MG, Jaguar, Triumph, etc. Been there a long time.

I would love to work on my 1979 Midget myself, but I'm too busy, being away for college in Massachusetts. Do any of you folks know of anyone who works on foreign cars who is good in Central Pennsylvania?

Also, If you know of anyone I should avoid, tell me about that too.

Thanks,

Seth Zaiser

The best, most honest garage I know is in Girardville, PA, roughly 5 miles from the PA Rte. 61 interchange on I-81 (where the Schuylkill Mall is located). Krick's Automotive (owner, mechanic Rob Krick) doesn't specifically specialize in foreign cars, but Rob does. I haven't used him in 20 years, but he's still there and he does first rate work for very fair price. When I lived in that area (in an apartment w/ no garage) he was the only guy I'd use for my cars.

At one time he and I together installed a complete a/c system in my non-a/c Subaru BRAT, which took some doing! He allowed me to help (knowing my skill level), which reduced the time & labor costs considerably. Not many garages would even consider doing that, even 20 years ago. (I'd be surprised if his insurance would still allow that today!)

The place doesn't look like much. It's an old Phillips 66 station from the 1930s that he bought. The work that comes out of there is top notch, though.

I've known him to do lots of work on MGs, Mercedes, Alfas, etc., which considering the small town he works in is really saying something. When I knew him he was saving up parts to build a Lotus. I'd recommend him over every mechanic I've ever known.:)

Kricks Automotive, Girardville PA 17935 -- MerchantCircle.com

Krick's Automotive, Girardville PA - iKarma

What's wrong with the Midget ? You might also post the same question on the MG Experience Forum. There's a section for Midgets.