'72 Electra 225 Seatbelts

AK Buickman

I need any or all front and rear seatbelts for my 1972 Electra 225. I drive my car daily, and my kids and I buckle up at all times. There are problems with almost each of my seatbelts, so they need replacing. They are what Buick typically refers to as "custom" seatbelts, and are sandalwood in color (light beige). If you have any for sale, let me know. The seatbelts from a '71-'73 B and C body GM car should be identical (?)<BR>Thanks.<BR>AK Buickman

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shaffer

You are right. Seat belts in a 71-73 Pontiac Grand Ville, Oldsmobile 98, and Cadillac Sedan DeVille/Calais, will be the same. (If it is a 4-door hardtop), 2 door may be different. I don't think Chevrolet will work. I have a 71 Caprice, and even the top of the line Chevrolet has the roofline like the LeSabre, Delta 88 and Catalina/Bonneville (with rounded rear window) But, seat belts still may be the same, because the belts are mounted in the same place on these cars, and the buckles are identical. Hope this helps.

Pal Buick (or anyone else who has or knows of seatbelts that I need);<BR>My car is not a show car, but the seatbelts I need must be in a safe & useable condition. Most Fisher body manuals explain what is acceptable and what is not.<BR>Thank you for your replies.<BR>AK Buickman.............. <BR>

AK, have any good friends in eastern PA? Harry's U-Pull It, has a tanish '72 4-door 225 as of this past Monday. No more engine or rear end, although I did salvage the rear springs. The tranny is still there too. Didn't look too good at interior, but I think most of it was still there. I would even offer to go and get them, but I was just there and its a 2 hour drive plus I have school. Not sure how long they keep the cars there untill crushed, but it was marked with the date Nov./2000, which I assume is the date it arrived at the yard.<BR>Here's a link to Harry's, <a href="http://www.wegotused.com">wegotused</a><P>------------------<BR>1973 Electra 225-2dr.<BR>94,000 mi. and on its way to 100,000 quick<BR>The exhaust tip cries no more! Air Shocks are cool! Duals, I see you in my future. <BR>And now,Working Cruise Control!

• 2 weeks later...