Sign in to follow this  
Gasmobile

Searching for the 1901 Gasmobile

I am seeking the whereabouts of the "only" known 1901 Gasmobile Stanhope. Last known to have been in the ACD musuem and then sold at a Kruse auction in 1997.

While the original restorer of this car (1977) generously supplied me with some photos, I really need more detail photos, measurements and chassis details to assist me with my 1902 Gasmobile Stanhope. (Same car)

Did anyone out there attend the 1997 auction and possibly recall anything about the sale (purchaser) of this car? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Was this an odd shade of green with bright yellow wheels? Think it had 3 cylinders and ran a London to Brighton Run with in the last 20 years. If so I know someone with info. Bob

That's the car. I have been in contact with the owner who drove it on that tour. Seeking current owner to get more dimensions. Thank you, Gasmobile

the link I provided above Kruse International proves otherwise, there's no names but the records are there, Kruse helped me locate a car just recently, try e-mailing them, it's hard to reach the right person over the phone

Hello Max,

Thank you for your further reply. I wasn't clear enough in my previous reply. I had seen that auction result on the web which led me to send an inquiry to Kruse. It was then that they stated that they had no records for that auction. I found that odd but it left me with a dead end. Thanks again, Ray

Gasmobile

I went to the Kruse site and searched Gasmobile and found the car under the 1998 Auburn auction Lot # 4536. Contact Kruse again.

The Merrick Auto Museum bought that 1901 Gasmobile.

Merrick Auto Museum

PO Box 188

Alda, NE 68810

ginns@antiqueauto.org

I am seeking the whereabouts of the "only" known 1901 Gasmobile Stanhope. Last known to have been in the ACD musuem and then sold at a Kruse auction in 1997.

While the original restorer of this car (1977) generously supplied me with some photos, I really need more detail photos, measurements and chassis details to assist me with my 1902 Gasmobile Stanhope. (Same car)

Did anyone out there attend the 1997 auction and possibly recall anything about the sale (purchaser) of this car? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

"Excuse my dust" (1951)