!918 or 19 Maxwell touring Upholstery

Guest 33su8

Hi Maxwell owners, I have contacted some of you about Upholstery for a 1917 and have received a lot of information and help, now I am asking anyone with photos of upholstery for an 18 or 19 if you can send me those. Even though our Maxwell is titled as a 17, with all the great input we have been recieving, it is apparent that our car is actually a 1918 or 19. Does anyone know whether or not this model had door pockets. Also does anyone know if there was a serial number on the frame and where it would be located. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest demondriver

You can tell if your Maxwell is a 1918 by the filler neck on the gas tank under the dash. If it is a 1918 the gas gauge will be on the filler neck. 1918 was the only year that Maxwell did this.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello 33su8, I also saw your inquiry about 1917 models (with very good photos just submitted by someone). I agree with all the comments in that thread about the linoleum floor covering and such. Just wanted to say that on cars of the teens and 1920s the original sales brochures usually had very detailed descriptions about what was included with that model. If you do not have one I would suggest getting an owners manual, brochures, ads, etc, all that you can. Good luck, Todd C

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest RWitz

The 1919 Maxwell was the first yaer with the gas tank mountes in the rear of the car. Also the window was slanted back in 19 and straight up in 18. I have a 1919 and part of a 1920. Thanks , Randy