My Original Olds Jetfire Found!!!!!!!!

kid442

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Carburetor arrived last week! Installed the radiator, alternator, and turbo assembly. A lot of lines to hook up and hoses. Still have a few more days before I try to start it. Should be running after Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all,

Ken

DSC05873_zpsgin4pfgh.jpg

Man you are lucky. I have been looking for my 1960 Corvette for years. I am a retired firefighter in my town and because of that I know several police officers and every once in a while they "run" the VIN for me and nothing ever comes up. This does not mean the car has been crushed but could be sitting in someone's garage for the last 40 years. I'll keep searching.

• 5 months later...

Been working on a few projects but this is the current update.

Turbo down pipe.
Waldrons did a exhaust system for me. I was not happy with the flanges they made and I was able to get a correct flange from Jensen racing. Waldrons was able to install it on the pipe they made. Came out great and they are a pleasure to work with!!

jetfire%20down%20pipe_zpspcamhulf.jpg

Interior and rugs

Installed the rugs, console and interior. More to go but starting to shape up. My son has been under the dash trying to get the lights, wiper and electrical systems working. A few photos below of progress.

jetfire%20console%20installed2_zpsduxdjo

jetfire%20console%20installed_zpspeqnchm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a lot of stories about this car. Getting some of the parts cars was a real trip. Parted out 7/8 63 Jetfires and Cutlasses. I have a real good story I will save for a later date.
Got the hood on the car today. Will post a few photos monday. One very cool story is where the motor came from. Got a call from a guy who I am still in touch with. He had a complete running motor for sale. We got talking about what kind of car he had it in. He explained it was not in a car but a tractor. Thought is was odd so I asked why? It was in a tractor pull tractor. He could out pull all the tractors in the area but not one guy. His only option was small block Chevy to compete and that was why he was selling it. I took a chance and it was and is one sweet running motor. When I sold the car the first time a good friend want to take it for a test drive. He owned on new and now the car was 20 years old. He and my dad took it out and when they got back my father said I drove it like a girl! He said Clint was able to get rubber in all four gears. It was quick in 1987 and I expect it to be better. Have a 3:36 posi on the work bench to clean up before I install it!! I will get the next story ready in a few weeks.
Ken

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Steve

For the short term is get it moving we are going to use the 13" wheels and tires with dog dish hub caps. 

Next we want to get the posi rear installed but convert the axles to 5 lug hole pattern. Then convert the front hubs to 5 lug Corvair. Then we can run Olds SS1 or SS2 wheels. Either 14" or 15" wheels.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed all the exterior trim. Next weather strips and gaskets. Took it out for a couple mile drive. Checked out OK. Getting closer.
Will be making a list of parts I will be looking for to complete and update the Jetfire.

9VGEjy4.jpg

tTmhj9D.jpg

• Like 1