'32 Ford 3 window on e bay

DizzyDale

Dizzy. -- The back bidder had to be close to the 149, but then again the back bidder and the owner may know one another. But I will say it is the nicest one I have ever seen in it's original condition. But I do wonder what happened to the interior? Thanks for the heads up.--Bob

s***o( 145) Retracted: US $670,000.00

Explanation: Entered wrong amount Bid: Nov-14-09 06:07:13 PST

Retracted: Nov-15-09 10:19:09 PST

Somebody got distracted and typed one too many zeros in their bid.

Guest Gary Hearn

For someone who is apparently expecting upwards of $82K, what a lousy marketing job! Just a couple of thoughts that might help him:

A) Get the car off the trailer and out where we can see it all. The trailer is a distraction and tells me that either the vehicle doesn't run or the owner just dragged it home to flip it.

B) Remove all the stuff from inside so we can see what is really there. The object is to showcase the vehicle, not to show how lazy you really are. It's nice the car comes with a cover, but I do not need multiple pictures of it.

C) How about telling us something about the car and why we should fork over our hard earned money for it. Sorry, I do not believe the line that the pictures speak for themselves. I expect more than three lines of phrases written in all caps that was not even proofread.

D) Show me all the car, not just selected portions. This car has a trunk and floors, what are their condition?

I know absolutely NOTHING about prewar Fords. Would this car not have an air cleaner? Also, are those radiator clamps the original style?

Funny thing is that the retracted bid disclosed the bid of $149,000 to the seller. Now, the seller has ended the auction early. My guess is that the $149,000 bidder just bought the car outside of Ebay for either $149,000 or something close to it.

Guest Bob Call

I'm like keiser 31, if this is a 19000 mile original car why is the interior missing? It doesn't add up.

Break out the hacksaw and blue tip wrench and lets chop the lid about 4 inches! Don't start with the hate mail, just kidding.

Hey guys, There is something missing here. The reserve bid should not have been shown. The second bidder only raises the prime or showing bidder,by the amount or increment set by Ebay. I very much doubt that the increment was upwards of 50to60 thousand dollars. From my observance and limited purchasing on Ebay something is wrong on the sellers end,hence the withdrawal of the coupe. Just my 2cts worth! -- Bob

Attached is a view of a genuine "original" 32.

To me, the word "original" means 100% of the componants and finishes are the actual componants and finishes that were on the car the day it left the factory...., not "just like" original.

My hunch says restoration work has been carried out since the ebay 32 3-window was new.

post-44716-1431381341_thumb.jpg

Guest billybird

One thing I noticed in two of the pictures was the hardware holding the front fenders on. As well as other shiney hardware underneath. A fender repaint perhaps? I'm with drwatson on this one. Maybe I'm being too skeptical, or just jealous because I have'nt found one but I just don't believe there are as many "low mileage originals" as we are led to believe. I mean, give me a break man, every time I turn around I'm seeing these claims advertised. I KNOW such cars exist, just not to the degree that we see them advertised. Does anyone else feel this way or am I just an old "stick in the mud"?

That woodgrain on the dash is unlike any 32 I have ever seen,Most ford grain is a lot finer lined ,that looks like a notty pine board.

In that same photo, I was wondering if all 1932 Ford door strikers were riveted and not screwed to the door jamb??!!