Bugatti Veyron - doesnt float? WHO KNEW?

Peter Gariepy

The driver told police that a pelican flew low in front of him. The man, who refused to be named, according to the Galveston County Daily News, said he jerked the wheel and dropped his cell phone. When he tried to recover, the left front tire hit some mud, and the Veyron slid into a lagoon.

Guess that about says it all... :rolleyes:

Guest F*N*A*Cotton

I bet that guy wishes Volkswagen (the owner of the Bugatti brand) would have put some of their engineering from the classic Beetle into that 1.5 million dollar boat anchor!! Check this out:

:eek::D It gets good 30 seconds into the video.

Maybe if he had both hands on the steering wheel he might have avoided both the pelican and going into the water.

Yesterday Bill and I were nearly run into head on in the PT Cruiser by an idiot driving a full-size Dodge truck because the guy driving it was trying to text or dial his cellphone. I was driving and saw him coming across the center line and laid on the horn to get his attention and was heading for what litle berm there is on that section of two-lane road. Luckily for us he heard it and swerved back into his lane just in time to miss us. Bill is the one that saw he had his cellphone in his hand with it held out like he was texting or dialing.

For those of you that are still using your cellphones when you drive. Please STOP before you injure or kill some innocent person with your unsafe driving.

It shouldn't take a law or a fine to get you to stop doing this. Think of someone that you love very much and ask yourself how you would feel if someone injured or killed them by using a cellphone while they were driving.

There is not one call worth risking injury or death for.

Maybe if he had both hands on the steering wheel he might have avoided both the pelican and going into the water.

Yesterday Bill and I were nearly run into head on in the PT Cruiser by an idiot driving a full-size Dodge truck because the guy driving it was trying to text or dial his cellphone. I was driving and saw him coming across the center line and laid on the horn to get his attention and was heading for what litle berm there is on that section of two-lane road. Luckily for us he heard it and swerved back into his lane just in time to miss us. Bill is the one that saw he had his cellphone in his hand with it held out like he was texting or dialing.

For those of you that are still using your cellphones when you drive. Please STOP before you injure or kill some innocent person with your unsafe driving.

It shouldn't take a law or a fine to get you to stop doing this. Think of someone that you love very much and ask yourself how you would feel if someone injured or killed them by using a cellphone while they were driving.

There is not one call worth risking injury or death for.

Well said.....logic SHOULD dictate here.

I bet that guy wishes Volkswagen (the owner of the Bugatti brand) would have put some of their engineering from the classic Beetle into that 1.5 million dollar boat anchor!!

Which naturally brings to mind this gem from National Lampoon:

http://homepage.mac.com/mr_bingley/.Pictures/tedvwsmall.jpg

As the video shows, there was NO pelican.

The schmuck driver was fishing for his dropped cellphone and drove off the road.

He's the same guy who bought the Ferrari that comic actor Eddie Griffin stuffed into a concrete barrier.

(think the kid has figured out by now that it's not "a sweet Lambo"?)

Guest F*N*A*Cotton
Here is a video of it hitting the water, caught by passersby. The owner is Andy House who restores wrecked exotic cars. Something is starting to smell fishy and not just the car.

EXCLUSIVE: Video Of Bugatti Veyron Actually Crashing Into Texas Lake - Bugatti Veyron - Jalopnik

I have a couple little "trick" programs on my computer that allow me to save video clips viewed on the net (videocacheview) and view them later with enhancements such as slow play and frame by frame (FLVplayer4free). They are free downloads available at various sites, I got mine at www.majorgeeks.com. After reviewing the clip found by Rusty_OToole (kudos to him) I'm convinced this was indeed 100% an insurance scam. When played in slow motion and / or frame by frame the driver never makes any attempt to regain control or get back on the paved roadway. I'm saying the cars front wheels do not ever turn to the left which would indicate the driver attempting to swerve! Why you ask? Easy explaination: if you leave the pavement onto unstable ground and try to swerve back onto it at that speed the chances of rolling the vehicle over are very high, which could be fatal for the driver and at the very minimum would make the vehicle much more difficult to repair. All of this = NO PROFIT!!. I pray to the karma gods that his insurance company sees that video and fights against paying him. Crooks like him are the reason the rest of us decent citizens have to pay such high insurance premiums!

There is also the fact that he left the motor running UNDER WATER until it quit. As if he wanted to make sure he would get a check with no chance of getting the car fixed instead.

If you wanted to total the most expensive car in the world, without the chance of being hurt in the wreck, that would be the way to do it.