winter storage solution

stuart Silverman

In my opinion the best winter storage problem solver is the car bag . I live in the northeast where the winters are TOO long . Years ago I came across this bag when I had a rodent problem with my L88 Corvette . It is a total enclosed bag .It stops mice ,moisture,etc . The way you put it in is the way it comes out so simple yet so effective . All my cars live in the bags and believe it or not they come out of their winter sleep PERFECT . check it out online Carbag - Protective jackets for your car or motorcycle... I am a mechanic with my own shop and I recommend it to my customers and they all love it .. my Vette had an article in Dec 08 collector car magazine called THE CORVETTE IN A BAG ,check it out.. Stuart

As I understand it these car bags have a fan with a filter that keeps the air clean and circulating around the vehicle in the bag. In a dirty environment I would imagine that the filter can get quite dirty. Can these filters be cleaned/washed when they get dirty? Does the bag come with only one filter or does it come with a spare so you can pop that one in while you clean a dirty one? Can extra filters be purchased at a reasonable price?

Thanks for answering my questions.

no fan, its sealed and uses a drying agent to remove moisture.

Sorry guys, being on my slower internet connection (ie dial up) I did not click on the link. The storage solution with the fan and filter I posted about is one I saw for sale at Fall Hershey. I guess I will have to contact that company to answer my questions.

• 3 weeks later...
In my opinion the best winter storage problem solver is the car bag . Stuart

I agree completely! I have used the Carbags for over ten years, on all of my cars, as well as several other cars that I am caretaker of.

Here in Michigan, the storage season is easily six months per year, and the Carbag works great. There is nothing better to keep humidity, dirt, dust, rodents, etc. away from your car.