47 Continental firewall

dl456

I am working on a 1947 Continental. The firewall/cowl area is butchered from the transmission cover to the steering column. The pass. side is torched as well , but not as bad. I am assuming this was done at some time to facilitate an engine swap because I have looked at parts cars that were cut the same way.

Does anyone have a section of firewall or a parts car that I could cut and weld back in?

I also need the sheet metal covers that appear to go around the steering shaft. This may help if I am forced to fabricate new panels. Also in need of the

top air dam / shroud at the radiator.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis

Guest raywilks

i have a 46 cont coupe parts car with perfect firewall, i do not have the air dam.

bad news is i am in orlando, fla. got any kin people livung close?thanks!!

Guest raywilks

dennis, hold tight and let us see if someone closer to you has what you need. if not, i can send you pictures and we will go from there. the car is stored 20 miles from me and i will need to go there for pictures, thanks, raywilks3430@msn.com 407-422-1018.

Guest raywilks

dennis, please see post from harry conners from two weeks ago re air damn, this section. i do not know about steering column covers. maybe dee or phil will chime in. several other guys on here have lots more experience than me. i have only worked on one 48, it is currently about as far apart as they go. harrys post starts "am i missing something". thanks, ray.

Guest pipeweld

yes it bolts to hood latch panel and has 2 brackets on sides with fine threaded bolts and a large round nuts on back side.i was taking off anything that bolted to car before it gets crushed when i found this.the radiator sits behind this panel.