Looking for Info on 1993 generation Rivs

Guest Ranger

Hello,

I was able to pick-up a '93 low mileage Riv. this week. It needs some TLC but is cleaning up nicely. I have some questions that perhaps some of you can help me with:

1) How are the SD and SE models different?

2) I noticed in the '93 brochure that some of the cars have a different color

below the belt line, does anyone know the color combinations that came

from the factory?

3) I've checked the module in the trunk and it doesn't have the green wire

tail that I'm used to seeing in my Reattas, are all models able to be

programmed for remote door/light/trunk use?

4) What year body and interiors are interchangable with the '93? I'd guess the

drivetrain would be the same from '91 to 93, correct?

5) Are the aluminum wheels common on the used market?

6) Is the cupholder rubber available anywhere?

Thanks in advance for the help, I've always liked this bodystyle and the right one finally came along,

1) How are the SD and SE models different? The only Differance is the options that came on the car The 1SE had a few more options then The 1SD

2) I noticed in the '93 brochure that some of the cars have a different color

below the belt line, does anyone know the color combinations that came

from the factory? 93 came with a optional white leather the dash was the same color as the body of the car

3) I've checked the module in the trunk and it doesn't have the green wire

tail that I'm used to seeing in my Reattas, are all models able to be

programmed for remote door/light/trunk use? drop the module and look for it you have to have it to program the keyless. I cant remember but i think the 1SD did not come with keyless dave ship has a book he will look up.

4) What year body and interiors are interchangable with the '93? I'd guess the

drivetrain would be the same from '91 to 93, correct? Yes depends on what your looking for 89-93 has some interchangable parts interiors are 90-93

5) Are the aluminum wheels common on the used market? the Y56 grand touring wheel wont fit if your car dont have Y56. Also your car has ABS a wheel off a Riv without ABS wont fit either. ABS became standard in 90. So wheels from anything earlier wont fit

6) Is the cupholder rubber available anywhere? I have not seen cup holders anywhere check the Buick dealer

Hope this helps

Jim,

There were 3 Riv models for '92 & 93; SA (Basic), SD (Premium), and SE (Prestige).

SD over SA included 6-way power reclining passenger seat (AC1), twilight sentinel (T82), auto day/night mirror (DD8).

SE over SD included electric trunk pull down (A91), remote keyless entry w/ auto electric door locks (AU0), electric outside mirrors remote w/ left heated (DK2), and theft deterrent system (UA6).

There were about 10 additional options that one could order on any of the 3 models; examples are aluminum wheels (cannot now find anywhere except on a boneyard Riv), extra cost body paint colors, astroroof, compact disc player, etc.

Interior/exterior interchanges can be made for the majority of parts between 91 through 93 Rivs.

Color combos for lower paint (D84) were always with a silver lower unless you ordered code R1V (Riv appearance pkg) which ment the lower was painted light driftwood metallic.

Drive trains are the same for 91-93 (tranny change). I know of no one producing the rubber for the cup holder.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to contact if you have more questions.

Nathaniel and Ship,

Thanks so much for the information, I guess I have the SA model from your description. Nothing is listed on the window sticker that would tell me, but since I have manual reclining seats, a manual dim mirror and no twilight sentinel, I now know I have the base model.

Again, thanks for the response,

Jim Wright

Jim,

If you send me the RPO Codes (either a picture or a list will do) attached to the underside of the spare tire cardboard in you trunk, I will send you an excel spreadsheet with their deciphers via return email.

• 2 weeks later...