1930 Country Club Coupe

Guest Juergen

Guest Juergen

Hallo,

besides my 1933 Coupe 66S, I wrote about it, now in beautiful driving condition, I purchased a second Buick. It is a 1930, Serie 64C in excellent condition. It arrived last week here in germany. Frame No. 2 420 418, engine No. 2 581 800. I know ca. 5000 exemplare were built. I would like to know how many exemplares ca. still exist today in original condition.

In this car is a carter carb fitted instead of a marvel. Was it an option or a better reliable solution, or was it impossible to find an original one, perhaps somebody has experiences, the carb heat controll is not connected - good idea ?

Thank for answers

Juergen

PS: the 1933 Coupe won a third place of a great international concours d elegance in the prewar class beside Bugatti and Lagonda in germany here is a link for pics.Classic-Gala Schwetzingen 2009 - a set on Flickr

Juergen,

You have good taste in Buicks! I love all 1933 Buicks, and the 1930 64-C is a rare and desirable car. There are only two 1930 model 64-C Buicks listed in the membership roster of the Buick Club of America. There may be a few more that exist outside of the Buick Club, but probably not more than 2 or 3 additional ones.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, Texas

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Juergen:

Some facts and figures about your car. Buick factory records show that your car was in the 5th batch of frame numbers for 1930 64C's. That batch ran from 2,420,274 to 2,421,230 or 957 cars, yours being the 145th of the batch and the 2905th of the 5370 plus 11 export model 64C's for 1930. Engine numbers for that batch ran from 2,574,638 to 2,613,337. From that we can establish that this is the original engine in this chassis.

I hope this adds to your data.

Regards, Dave Corbin

Juergen,

I think no one answered your question on the carb. I think the Carter was a latter item added to make the engine run better, as they were more available and smooth to operate. The heat exchanger would likely not be needed unless you drive in cooler or cold weather.

John

Guest Juergen

Hallo,

thanks to all for the very interesting infos about my new love. Tomorrow I´ll drive it the first time on the road. I´m looking forward and hope, everything is working well.

Regards from germany

Juergen

Juergen,

Although restored and not in survivor condition, here is a link to some pics of my 1930 64c . It drives very comfortably. The one picture is of the 64c next to my 1929 54cc. How did the drive go with your Buick? You have probably already visited the website ( 1929buick.com ) these pics are on, but look around. There are about 4500 pages including manuals pics and a few videos- mostly 29 but all this era are welcome to contribute. Send some pics to the site ( you can put larger files on the site).

Ken www.1929buick.com Photos :: Ken MacKinnon

Guest Juergen

Hallo Ken,

it´s a remarkable site the 1929buick, I had it already with my favourites. The first and second ride was great, good running, but a bit noisy, and some backfiring because the air cleaner is missing, I have to improvise something. I´ll put some fotos on your site. By the way, I´m looking for an original dashboard light (round) and how can I put a foto here on this new site ? Image insert..ok and then ....?

Best regards from germany

Juergen