Sign in to follow this  
lrg

choke heat tube pics 63 riv please

Hi, Does anyone have a picture of the pass side of a restored or original engine compartment? I would like to see how the heat tube for the choke looks and how it attaches to the carb (what the fittings look like) thanks lrg Larry

jim, is that rubber hose pass side rear top of carb going down to the exhaust manifold?

I'm still confused. If the rubber hose in the pic goes to the metal pipe that runs to the barb near the bottom of the exhaust manifold. where does the tube covered with white insulation that's attached to the choke housing go? anyone else have any other pics that would answer that question Thanks lrg larry

The steel pipe that screws into the side of the carb slips into a small pipe in the exhaust manifold, at the back of the manifold near the transmission dip stick. See photo below.

The rubber hose connects to a piece of pipe that inserts into the UNDERSIDE of the manifold, directly beneath spark plug #5. This piece of pipe has a small bracket welded to it that is bolted under the head of the rear valve cover hold down bolt (along with the little metal bracket for the spark plug wire holder). The rubber hose is fairly short because the pipe runs up to just behind the carb. You can see it in my original picture behind the rubber PCV hose. I tried to annotate it in the photo below.

chokestovepipe.th.jpg

Edited by Jim_Cannon
added picture (see edit history)

wow!!!! That settles that . nice job with the pictures Jim that"s great!!!!!Thank you lrg larry