Newest addition to the collection!

HarryJ

Folks, unfortunately while driving to the meet at Hersey; I hydroplanned off I-85 just beyond mile marker 168. The truck I have owned for the last 12 years; while accumulating in excess of 364,000 miles on it spun off a 60' embankment at high speed colliding with a tree in........see pics. Here is the replacement for that great truck. Yesterday, I bought VIN 1GCEC29J59Z285503. I'm trying to post some pics.......

Edited by HarryJ (see edit history)

Guest Dean_H.

Harry,

Glad you made it out of the accident OK. Looks like you worked that tree over pretty good. Hope you didn't damage too many of the old car parts you picked up at Hershey.

The pick-up looks very clean for 364K miles. You obviously take care of your equipment. What kind of new wheels are you getting?

Dean, guys, thanx...........I am lucky to have survived this accident. I bought a brand new 2009 Chevrolet Silverado as a replacement. I wanted a straight shift with hand crank windows (remember those?) on a GMC Canyon. No luck on the Canyon's or the color reds. Wow,,,,,,,,, I wish Gm made a V-8 Canyon with a straight shift!!!!!!!!!!!

post-34731-143138126583_thumb.jpg

Edited by HarryJ (see edit history)

Guest abh3usn

Trucks are made like cars used to be. Real frame, no unibody, rear wheel drive and steel. Nice to see the truck did well in such an accident. Glad you're ok. I bought a truck fpr tjat veru reason.