What is the Policy on alerting buyers

Guest Dave41

What is the accepted Policy re alerting members to mistakes in On-line catalogues ?

.Am I permitted to name the Company? [i have told them that I intend to bring the matter to members attention]

No absolutely not. Notifying the company directly is all you can do. Do not post the name of the company on any AACA website as it is considered negative toward that vendor

Dave41 - Be creative!

There are many ways of alerting us without actually mentioning the company name ( ie. a company based in so and so state). You could also just tell us what the problem was. Then we would all get a heads up for what to look for :)

Dave41 - Be creative!

There are many ways of alerting us without actually mentioning the company name ( ie. a company based in so and so state). You could also just tell us what the problem was. Then we would all get a heads up for what to look for :)

Here http://forums.aaca.org/f162/dispute-over-buick-brake-shoes-270535.html and here http://forums.aaca.org/f120/brake-shoes-248-ci-buick-270497.html

Thanks Jake , but it is pretty negative for the buyer as well especially living outside the US and trusting that the catalogues are right

dave

Thanks mate , actually I've mentally written off the $50 postage it cost to get them here and I am advertising them on the BCA [OZ] website

Guest 75RivGS

Just my opinion: if vendors wish to use the internet (with all its advantages; advertising, on-line shopping and paying, less staff, no rent for a shop etc etc) to sell their items, than they may expect the advantages of that same internet for buyers (positive, but negative as well).

I realize the interest AACA has in the income from advertisements, but I think buyers should be protected.

EDIT: just my opinion.... if those are the rules here, so be it

i have had simular problems with the company out of new jersey, but they made it right in the long run

Bob's i have never had a problem, and when calling htem they realy know what they are talking about and have even gone the length of staying on line and telling me how to put the one thing toghther i needed help with, Bob's is the place for me now

Greg