new to this have some questions

Guest pedrogavina

Guest pedrogavina

first of all hello to everybody im new to this and i have a few questions and i would apreciate if some =body could help me ok,well first of all i just bought a 65 riviera but i do not knok if its a base or a grand sport so if somebody could tell me how i can find out what it is ,second question,is more like an add so here it goes as i said i own now a 65 riv and it has the cla shell head light but i am missing two little parts that conect the headlighs motor to the amrs tha open the shell doors i really dont know how to describe them being that i have never seen one but some body told me they were about 3 to 5 inches in size maybe not even and on one end it has a opening that coneccts to a little ball on the headlight motor that looks like a trailer hitch ball but im sure many of you know about what im talking about.So if any body can help me wellas i said before id apreciate it

well thankyou for your time and i really dont know what else to say so have a good day to everybody.

Gran Sport was an option just like air conditioning, it's not a model. Go to the Riviera Owners website and look at the link on How to ID a Gran Sport. www.rivowners.org

The 65 Riviera came with two interior options, standard and custom. You can tell if you have custom interior by the interior door panels. If there's wood on them, it's the custom interior. The only difference you could do to the exterior was to order the optional vinyl top, and make a choice of wheel covers/rally wheels.

Ed

Both interiors have wood on the door panels. The base interior has a small rectangle of wood in a chrome bezal and a short arm rest, were as the custom interior has a long narrow strip of wood surronded by stainless moulding with dual release handles and an arm rest stretching between them.

The above discussion reminds us that '63, '64 and '65 were very similar cars and yet have some significant differences. The '63 Riv only had wood veneer on the delux interior (long arm rests, double openers). From Ed's reply, it sounds like '64 was that way, too. Based on Kevin's reply, the '65 had the wood veneer in both trim levels.