WANTED: 1970 455 and TH400 trans

I Live in Los Angeles and am looking for a 1970 455 nailhead and a TH400 trans. Condition doesn't matter, I plan on rebuilding both anyway. I would prefer to deal with people in my area. Thanks

How soon do you need the 455? I have a 70 455 and Turbo 400. They are seperated from each other. I have no torque converter. The car they came from supposedly had 67K and was running when hit. I live in Tucson but could probably bring to Pomona 3-4-01<BR>Bill

uhh, scot, be careful. the 455 is not a nailhead. that term is used to describe older buick engines, like the 401 and 425. the 350, 400, 430 and 455 are not nail heads.<P>again, i will recommend that you look for a later 455, as the compression ratio of the 70 model will require octane booster or racing gas in every tank...<P>the oiling of the later blocks is better too.<P>------------------<BR>allan<BR>--------------<BR>50 special, 455/th400<BR>64 stude gt hawk, 289/auto<BR>76 poncho GP, 400/th400

BusterWive,<BR>I have a couple of questions. First is how much are you asking for the motor and trans? Secondly, do you know what kind of car they came out of?