I know why.

Guest windjamer

Guest windjamer

I just finished a major auto mag. I was reading in the kings room and as men will do I got to looking at that mag. and I thought , I dont see how they can sell this thing for $4.99. I counted the full page adds., 56 pages. Next I looked at the last page, 136,thats almost half, the thing was nothing but adds. He** I can read comericals on the TV all day for free,why the heck would anyone pay $4.99 for a auto mag. thats half comericals?? NOW I KNOW WHY ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE IS THE BEST!!!! We have better pics. too.:D

I subscribed to one well known older car magazine for over 20 years. I finally realized it was about 75% advertising and 25% or less articles and I was paying good money for advertisements I was not interested in. I threw in the towel when they devoted an entire issue to Volkswagen Beetles. i replaced it with a far better magazine for 2/3rds the price.

My wife and I cruised through a, new to us, local Food Lion store recently. The magazine rack was noticeable from a distance and I made the remark to Gloria, "Look at that! Do you see a single magazine that has a colorful shiny front cover like "our" magazine?"

True story, we have the best. I've asked this question before about putting our magazine on the newsstands, but a very knowledgeable AACA executive said it would be very expensive, and not profitable for us yet. A shame, I'm very proud of our magazine.

Wayne

PS, Sorry, I should add the content is top notch too!:o:)

The AARP mag is the one I can fully read between the mailbox and the house, ALL ads with maybe two total pages of not ads. At least the car mags push most of the ads to the back. They do help when you are looking for something and they help pay for the mag

I receive a magazine published by a statewide auto body origination that is now going to only have it available on line to save the publishers cost.

It is distributed to anyone in the industry free of cost, and the advertisers pay for the cost.

This may be the way you will soon receive your favorite mag. soon. It is the wave of the future I think.

Take a look, http://www.damagereportmag.com/issues/22October-09.pdf

The only fault that I found with it is you can’t take it into the king’s room!

Unfortunately The advertisements are what allows the magazine to be published. The $4.99 shelf price or the cut rate subscription price alone does not cover the costs of publishing the magazine. However I do wish that the magazine publishers would put all of the ads in one section so that the articles can be read and if you don't want to read the ads, you know where to quit.