Sign in to follow this  
keiser31

Ahhh...the Woodward Dream Cruise...

A friend took this photo at the Woodward Dream Cruise...you see all kinds of things there. I would hate to be the guy behind him when he hits the afterburner!

post-37352-143138122712_thumb.jpg

You see EVERYTHING at the Woodward Nightmare crawl. Mostly you see a lot of modern cars/vans/SUVs. The good cars are usually parked along the street. I took the Chevy II this year, did fine.

I, like everyone else that lives, or has to travel near the Dream Snooze, hates it, with a passion. 40,000 cruiser and 1,000,000 spectators.

The local business' close up because customers disappear, the cities are stuck with enormous clean up costs (Hey jerks, if you're going to bring a couch to watch the festivities, don't leave it behind!) and an enormous burden on the 9 city's police and emergency forces. Other than that, it's just ducky.

I can't believe all the people in their SUV and motor homes clogging up the arteries. They should find another way to live vicariously.

I'd like to know what moronic public official thought it was a great idea for licensing ice cream vendors to sell to the crowd. Every time the ice cream truck stops, the cruise stops.

It's way out of control. The Downriver Cruise still moves, but it's clogging with the same type of dim-wits wanting to live their lives through the real cruisers.

Rant off.

I, like everyone else that lives, or has to travel near the Dream Snooze, hates it, with a passion. 40,000 cruiser and 1,000,000 spectators.

The local business' close up because customers disappear, the cities are stuck with enormous clean up costs (Hey jerks, if you're going to bring a couch to watch the festivities, don't leave it behind!) and an enormous burden on the 9 city's police and emergency forces. Other than that, it's just ducky.

I can't believe all the people in their SUV and motor homes clogging up the arteries. They should find another way to live vicariously.

I'd like to know what moronic public official thought it was a great idea for licensing ice cream vendors to sell to the crowd. Every time the ice cream truck stops, the cruise stops.

It's way out of control. The Downriver Cruise still moves, but it's clogging with the same type of dim-wits wanting to live their lives through the real cruisers.

Rant off.

The Woodward Dream Cruise takes place one day out of the year. What do you complain about for the other 364 days? :rolleyes:

The Woodward Dream Cruise

I wish I could be involved with the Woodward Dream Cruise. When I lived in Daytona, Bike week put the city in mass confusion but I looked forward to it every year, even though I didn't own a bike..............

The Woodward Dream Cruise takes place one day out of the year. What do you complain about for the other 364 days? :rolleyes:

The Woodward Dream Cruise

If you actually knew what you were talking about, you might have a point. It's a week-long event with a week-long ramp up. How'd you like to shut your business for a week?