'41 Willys trans or parts wanted

G'day,

Posting this on behalf of a mate, Harvey, who doesn't have internet access. He's after parts for a '41 Willys preferably NOS or NORS if available, if not then good useable used parts. Looking for all the internals, or a good complete trans, or what have you got? Distance and shipping cost is a factor too being that we are in Australia but could be accommodated by shipping to a California location from which it would then be shipped to Australia if it's a problem. Let me know what you've got and I'll pass it on to Harvey.

• 2 weeks later...

I have what I was told is a 37 or 38 willys transmission. Do you know what years interchange as far as the internals? I could take the internals out to make shipping easier if the stuff fits, and if you have a good case.

• 3 weeks later...
I have what I was told is a 37 or 38 willys transmission. Do you know what years interchange as far as the internals? I could take the internals out to make shipping easier if the stuff fits, and if you have a good case.

F&J,

Sorry for the delay in responding but finally caught up with Harvey. He tells me the 37 or 38 trans parts won't fit but thanks for your offer.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tankjeepman

I bought a Willys L134 engine that is supposed to come out of a 41 that included a transmission. It is like one I have never seen before. If you can send some pics and possible casting numbers of what you are looking for, I will take a look at what I have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
........If you can send some pics and possible casting numbers of what you are looking for, I will take a look at what I have.
G'day again,

Spoke to my mate Harvey and he tells me the casting numbers on the trans are:

TA 84 G/1E and WG DIV

He also wanted to stress that he's after a trans for a Willys car and NOT a Jeep which are completely different.

Please let me know if these match what you have and then we can go from there.

post-52046-143138152941_thumb.jpg

post-52046-143138152943_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ozstatman
Added pictures (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

G'day Willys77,

Sounds interesting, just phoned Harvey but he'd like some more info on the trans before we go much further. Can you take the top off the trans and take some close up pic's of the gears, also some general pic's of the condition of the trans? Might be easier to email the pic's to me ozstatman@gmail.com and I can then print them out and show them to Harvey. BTW - Are the numbers in the pic's above on your trans? And where are you located in the US?

• 2 months later...
Guest Chance

First of all I am in a bit of a hurry so I apologize i really dint read all of this discussion, but if your looking for willys parts check this site. I have had a lot success here. GOOD LUCK!

• 2 years later...
Guest 54willysau

HI --- From memory that gearbox has the spiral cut gears on1st and reverse idler gears and output shaft which are hard to obtain.

If you have access to jeep gears they will fit the box except the output shaft because the spline is 1 inch dia were the jeep is 1-1/4 dia

find an earlier shaft from a late 39 -40 you could have all new internals. There are a few jeep parts places here in AUS

RON