Timeline of Ford Vehicles

Guest lakeeve

? What exactly are you looking for... trying to ID a specific year, production figures, pictures? There are probably several good books that would cover that info... Crestline publishing did a series that covered all the GM makes, I'm not sure if they did a Ford one or not... will try and find out later on if I have a chance.

Guest Bob Call

If you are interested in 1930s Fords look for a Ford V8 club in your area. There should be several books with pictures and info on 1930s Fords. Try vintagefords.com for some books and DVDs. Also, join the H.A.M.B. at jalopyjournal.com to ask questions about the cars and books, etc. Then there are the Ford/Mercury forums at this site.

One easy way to see photos by year would be to do a search on Google Images. Some of the cars will obviously be modified, but if you search for 1930 Ford, 1931 Ford, 1932 Ford...etc., you will find lots of photos of the cars by year quite easily.

There have been lots of picture type Ford books over the years that cover year/models. Here are some:

The Fordiana/Silverado series by Lorin Sorensen--large and small, with a book for every era.

Crestline by G H Dammann as mentioned--70 years of Ford

Consumer Guide by R M Langworth--Complete History of the Ford motor Co

Krause by R Lichty--Standard Catalog of Ford 1903-90

HTH

Manuel in Oz

Kaleeve, as for as books with photos of Fords go, the Crestline book will have the largest selection of photos. I think my copy is a newer edition than the 70 Years book but I am not at home to check it out. Although they have the greatest selection of photos, the photos are reproduced period photos in black and white and the photo quality is not outstanding but the amount of information is. I would choose it over the Standard Catalog of Ford and I have and enjoy both books. Cataloging Ford photos up through the '50's is not so difficult but adding Mustangs, Pintos, Torino's, Granada's etc complicates the matter immensely. I am in the process of sorting photos in my computer of all FoMoCo products including Edsel, Lincoln, and Ford and even lacking some years I don't think one DVD is going to hold them.

Guest DeSoto Frank

I believe some of the Model T and Model A parts vendors have a wall poster that has the Ford family tree from 1896 through about 1950...

You might also consult one of Tad Burness' "American Carspotter's Guide"; my two editions from the mid-1970's covered 1920-1939 and 1940-1965; excellent books.

Guest raywilks

the early ford v-8 club put out a hardback book in 1985, 350 pages, 16 pages in color, hundreds of black and whites.list all 32-53 fords by body style, colors, codes, dimensionsprinted by taylor publishing co, dallas, tex.

you might try the club for info on extra copies or???

I think the "Standard Catalog of Ford 1903-90" by Krause Publications (now F&W Media), is still in print and it will give you everything you want. It was reprinted many times with myself and Ron Kowalke listed as the author. It is really a compliation of the Ford Products out of the bigger Standard Catalog series which is now out of print unfortunately. I bet you can find the Ford book used on Amazon at a good discount.