Sign in to follow this  
jchagop

64' Riviera Engine Pics

Does anyone know where I can find a complete set of installed engine pictures. I didnt take enough good pics before I had my engine pulled. Trying to remember how this bracket hooks up.

Jon

post-58040-143138121418_thumb.jpg

Here is a shot of my engine. I used the POR 15 Buick Green after extensive degreasing and priming with standard POR 15 black semigloss. Turned out sweet. I had the valve covers and other brackets powdercoated, and the color match was very good. If anyone is interested I can get the brand and product number for the powder I chose.

Jon

post-58040-14313812142_thumb.jpg

Here is a shot of my engine. I used the POR 15 Buick Green after extensive degreasing and priming with standard POR 15 black semigloss. Turned out sweet. I had the valve covers and other brackets powdercoated, and the color match was very good. If anyone is interested I can get the brand and product number for the powder I chose.

Jon

I beleive that's the bracket that supports the PS pump. As I recall, it bolts to the motor and then up under the pump. At least, this is what I remember.

Edited by Patrick91914 (see edit history)

I just checked the engine in my '64. Patrick is correct, that brace bolts to the left front of the power steering bracket and to the top of the motor mount bracket.

I occasionally have found ebay useful for pictures. Check current and completed auctions. Every so often someone lists a car and takes really detailed pictures and/or angles the average person doesn't think to take. When I see something interesting, I save the photo for future reference.

Was this other bracket a stock item? Im interested if it was indeed once there, because I dont have any other support brackets.

Jon