You have a Reatta, what are your next 4 choices?

JalopyBob

We have had many interesting choices here with a lot of variety. To those who have talked about the Chrysler Turbine car, I got to ride in one when I was 12. Chrysler also built some turbine car test mule cars using 62 a Dodge body. My uncle was a Chrysler / Dodge dealer, and my dad had one to drive for about a week. I will always remember the sound it made, way cool, like no other car. For those in the Midwest, there was a Chrysler Turbine car in the Henry Ford Museum at Greenfield Village for a long time. One of these would have been on my list, but they are virtually unobtainable by the common man. I also like a lot of the choices made for this thread that you can tell are cars that people really liked, not just status symbols.

Guest Steve Rawlinson

The answer is simple to me

I have a 1990 Conv and I would surround it with

1989, 1991, & Select Sixty - Reattas of course !!!!!

• 1 year later...
Guest steveskyhawk

There is a Chrysler turbine car in the Peterson museum in Los Angeles. Biggest thrill I ever have had was flying a multi engine turbine aircraft.

I agree with Barney, four choices are not enough.

I currently have a '63 Corvette, '65 GTO convertible, '51 Henry J, '63 LeMans convertible, '27 Chev, '49 Olds coupe, and I own a '50 Chev tubbed with a big block and a blower, and a few others.

Saturday at an auction I bought a '51 Olds with a Nova sub frame and a 403 Olds engine. New paint and interior.

If I won the lottery there is no new car I would want to buy but I would like to have a '67 427 Corvette convertible. At today's prices it is going to take a lottery win. I did buy a ticket for tonights. :)

Guest blue72beetle

VW Beetle Hebmuller Convertible

1969 GTO Judge

1937 Coffin-nose Cord

2011 Camaro Convertible

Guest Richard D

88 Fiero GT or if furrin kars ok a 94 Acura NSX. Had one for 3 years and could not break it.(leased) 64 Chrysler Turbine, 1970 Barracuda convertible, 1969 Corvette. If cash counts replace Chrysler Turbine with 1971 Satellite Sebring in plum purple or arrest me red. All fully optioned.

Edited by Richard D (see edit history)

I'm waffling about a '90 Allante, have a line on an '02 250 Virago. Guess I've gotten boring, just nothing old or new really interests me. Closest thing is a Tesla but seems like a kludge.

Had a Cruze this week (power reminds me of a tri-power. Push the pedal and a coupla seconds later something happens) but just as glad to give back to Avis. Switchblade ignition key was interesting but stupid. Why does a Chevvy have Japanese power window switches ?

Really my 70 GS suited me better but have the Judge (and is finally in the white room). Maybe a '65 E type but none of the furrin cars I had as a yout had a/c. Might like a five speed Fiero (my GT is a 4 speed) but find it is not as comfortable as the Reattae and doesn't get any better milage (been getting 23-24 mpg lately in mixed driving).

So basically I am back to the Virago, scooter is not up to the Interstate & have had a Harley.

Every now and again I think something that gets a lot of MPG would be good (Jetta TDIs are available) but would never pay back the purchase price in savings

Sheesh,

Resurrected an old thread with this one. Since I missed it the first time, I guess I will make my contribution. 4 cars is too hard to narrow down to, but here in no particular order are some that I would like:

1. 1993 Cadillac 60 special ultra, white diamond with burgundy interior.

2. A delta-wing Buick, either Invicta or Electra in white with a red interior.

3. A 30's Ford Coupe (yeah, I know, I dropped the "F" word) like ZZ top did for the Eliminator album. Maybe with a more toned down paint scheme though.

4. 2002 Eldorado, white diamond with neutral interior. Ditch the Northstar for something reliable. Maybe a 4.9 to keep it a true Caddy.

5. A 40's Buick or Caddy, haven't really researched a particular model (is a pipe dream anyway) but I really like cars from that era.

6. a British green Jaguar XJ-12 Vandenplas, and a genius mechanic to keep it running.

7. Ferrari 308GTS, ala Magnum P.I. If I can have anything, why not?

8. two words: Orange Roadrunner. 'Nuff said.

9. early-mid '70s Coupe Deville. Need a land-yacht gangster car in the stable and this fits the bill perfectly. This one might have to be black with a burgundy interior, though I generally avoid black cars as they are too hard to keep decent looking.

10. 84 Riviera, white over (you guessed it) burgundy. Probably a drop top on this one.

11. 40's/early 50's International "donut van". Like the ones Krispy Kreme uses as a marketing gimmick. At least I think the ones they use are old Internationals. Don't know why, I just think these are neat.

I could come up with more, but then I'd have to start thinking. My list is all over the place it seems, but tends heavy on GM Buick/Cadillac stuff.

KDirk

Guest Recian

i'd put it with a 70s dodge ramcharger or trailduster soft top (which i have already) a 69 El camino 454 SS, 95 nissan hardbody truck single cab long bed SR20DETT or VQ35DETT swap and another 80s reatta that's a convertible. a fully loaded convertible too since mine's base model :( and im not fond of the 90s models. the touch screen drew me into reattas in the first place :D

...and another 80s reatta that's a convertible. a fully loaded convertible too since mine's base model :( and im not fond of the 90s models. the touch screen drew me into reattas in the first place :D

Alas, they didn't make Convertibles with the touch screen. Convertibles started in '90, (when the new dash was introduced), and ended in '91 (when production ended all together).

However, if you could get your hands on a convertible, and a '88 or '89 coupe (with the touch screen), there's a way you can swap everything around and get the touch screen in your vert. :D

Of course it would not be readable in the sunlight. 90-91 has nearly every capability concerning diagnostics that the 88-89 does (except no MPG functions) just you have to know how to interpret the heater and odo readings.

Of course it would not be readable in the sunlight. 90-91 has nearly every capability concerning diagnostics that the 88-89 does (except no MPG functions) just you have to know how to interpret the heater and odo readings.

My '89 has a large sunroof on it, and sometimes the sun will shine at such an angle that it's all over the dash. I can still see the CRT and the IPC well.

I have also driven the vert in conditions where bright sunlight was all over the dash, and it was harder to read (IMHO) that '90 IPC in high sunlight than it is to read the CRT.

Just MHO, but I don't think it would be a problem. :)

I'd choose one from each of the BIG 3 and something imported.

1. GM- 1967 Corvette 427 'vert

2. Ford- 1966 Daytona Coupe (but all six originals are taken) so maybe a kit-car...in Bermuda Blue w/White Stripes.

3. Chrysler- 1970 Hemi 4sp Cuda

4. Import- Lamborguini...any one will do!