'53 Ford Station Wagon

john2dameron

Something has me really puzzled. I posted it in the Ford section but am getting no replies. I also posted it on the Early Ford V-8 Club Forum and have gotten no replies there. I going to put it here and this may be my last hope.

All the books I have about Ford Cars (and there are several) including the Crestline Ford book say that Ford offered a 2-door wagon in the Mainline series in '52-53, a 4-door wagon in the Customline trim line those years, and the Country Squire 4-Door in the Crestline series. In '54 they added a 2-door in the Customline series.

Scanning photos into my computer that I have taken in the past 30 years I found photos of a '53 2-door wagon that definitely has Customline trim. I took the photos at Fred's Museum at Appomattox, Virginia. I don't know if the museum is still operating or not. Does anyone know how this wagon came to be and how many of them might have been built? I am really curious and getting nowhere fast. Thanks for your help and ideas.

Jay

..........Scanning photos into my computer that I have taken in the past 30 years I found photos of a '53 2-door wagon that definitely has Customline trim. I took the photos at Fred's Museum at Appomattox, Virginia. I don't know if the museum is still operating or not..........

Jay

Jay, The museum was still in a business two year ago. A local club toured it back then.

Wayne

Guest raywilks

1949-1959 ford parts and accessories manual, form fd 9463 printed 1964, 900 + pages, shows body style code 59A mainline ranch wagon 1952-56.

body style code 59B customline ranchwagon 1954-56.body style code 79B customline stationwagom"country sedan" 1952-55.

no codes shown for 1953 customline 2 door wagon. thanks, raywilks3430@msn.com

My neighbor had a '53 Ford Mainline 2 door wagon that I used on Sundays to take his two daughters to church in. I had a '52 Ford with a Fordomatic and it was a lot of fun to drive the wagon because it was a 3 spd stick. I have never seen a '52-'54 Ford Customline wagon.

Guest Gary Hearn

My father bought a '54 2 door Ranch Wagon new. It was a 223 with three speed, but did have an AM radio. Cancer had eaten the rockers and floors pretty well by the mid '60's and it was parked in '69 when the fuel pump went. I tried to get it going in the mid '70's, but the engine was locked up by then.

I found out after the fact that my mother sent it to the crusher last year with the original owners manual still in the glove box.