2010 Eastern Division Spring Meet

ex98thdrill

Hello All!!

I know many of you know who I am, but for those of you who don't, my name is Pat Thorpe and I am the chairman of the Eastern Division National Spring Meet in 2010.

My phone is already ringing, and I know it won't likely stop ringing until next July so I'll save a few phone calls and explain the following:

Date: June 3-5, 2010

Location: Canandaigua, New York "The Gateway to the Finger Lakes." Canandaigua is southeast of Rochester and about halfway between Syracuse and Buffalo, NY. Canandaigua is South of Interstate #90, east of Interstate #390, West of Interstate #81, and NYS Route #5, and US Route #20 runs within 1/4 of a mile from the host hotel, banquet facility and showfield. Hopefully if you have your maps out, I've put you within inches of where you'll need to be.

Directions:

From the North: NYS Thruway Exit #44 (mile marker #346), and take Route #332 South. Rte #332 turns into Main Street Canandaigua and literally ends at Canandaigua Lake.

From the East or West: Follow NYS Route #5 or US Route #20 into Canandaigua. When you see the Wal Mart Supercenter in Canandaigua, NY look for the signs. The show field can be accessed from the traffic light at Wal-Mart.

From the South: Follow either Route #14, Route #15, or Route #21 and turn onto NYS Route #5 or US Route #20. Route #14 you'd pick up Routes 5 & 20 in Geneva and turn west. Route #21 you'd pick up Routes 5 & 20 just west of Canandaigua. Route #15 you'd pick up Routes 5 & 20 in Avon and turn East

Show Field: Finger Lakes Community College. Follow signs that read "CMAC"

Host Hotel: I'll explain later....

Tours: Friday, June 4, 2010 - Not set in stone yet, but tentative plans are to do two tours.

Tour #1 - A Finger Lakes Wine Tour through many of the wineries in our area.

Tour #2 - A tour to the Glen Curtis Museum in Hammondsport, NY.

Friday Night Activity: I have reserved the Finger Lakes Performing Arts Center for a catered meal and entertainment will be provided (which will NOT include the exploits of Wayne Burgess:D:D:D). This is on the grounds of Finger Lakes Community College about 500 feet north of the showfield. There will be a cash bar available.

Judging School & Roundtable Discussion: We're working out on some logistics issues, and next week I'll know for sure, but if it works these two events will be taking place at the Finger Lakes Performing Arts Center (also known as CMAC). This is a large outdoor amphitheater that seats well over 1,000 people. CMAC is the summer home to the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra as well as the site for the summer concert series which often includes the likes of Kenny Chesney, The Beach Boys, etc.

Ladies Luncheon: A lunch tour aboard the Canandaigua Lady. The Canandaigua Lady is a Mississippi style paddle boat that will take the wives out on Canandaigua Lake for a two hour narrated tour. This boat is docked at Steamboat Landing.

Registration, Merchandise, Hospitality and Thursday Night Social: On Thursday and Friday this area will be at the Steamboat Landing. Steamboat Landing is on Lakeshore Drive 1 mile west of the show field, and 1 mile east of the host hotel. My committee liked what we saw in Gettysburg so we decided to put everything in one big room to avoid having people going in many directions to find things. While your significant other is snacking in the hospitality area, you can either go get your registration packet or spend some money on some good AACA merchandise :cool::cool::cool:. If you get hungry there is a restaurant on site that serves some pretty good food.

Judge's Breakfast and Awards Banquet: This will be in the same room that everything else is going on in during the week. If registration numbers are high, we may do this in a large tent overlooking the shores of Canandaigua Lake.

Back to Host Hotel.........

If you have read through everything, you'll notice that there will be nothing taking place in the host hotel. The host hotel has almost 100 rooms, they only would give us 38 rooms, but they would only give us an additional 20 rooms (that's 58 rooms) if we'd give them the business for the awards banquet. The banquet room at the host hotel is smaller than the facility that everything will be held at, and the prices on the meals at the host hotel were $11 a plate more. Needless to say, the decision was made to pull the plug to add to your convenience and to help keep prices down. The Canandaigua Inn on the Lake is the nicest hotel in town, but if you're looking to stay at the host hotel because of the activities, DON'T DO IT!! As in the case of Hershey, the host hotel only exists in name only.

Additional Lodging: I have a meeting scheduled with my committee chairs on October 21st. We are trying to get a special rate and a comp policy set up with the other hotels and won't know until next week where we're at. If you're planning on attending the meet you can find lodging at

www.visitfingerlakes.com

They will have all of the hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, lakeside cottage rentals, etc. and they have many various rates. We have two hotels about to begin construction, but it may or may not be done in time for the meet. There are over 700 rooms available within 13 miles of the actual showfield. There are a few of the smaller motels that I would not recommend, but if you have a question, just ask.

We will be at Philly with more information. Being that I work nights, work crazy hours and it is often very difficult to reach me. If you need to talk to me my phone number is listed as the contact information in the Antique Automobile, but your best bet is to e-mail me at pathorpe@rochester.rr.com.

This is not everything, but at least this is something to give you some direction. As more develops we will be posting more information on our region website @ www.gvacs.com

Thank you for your time,

Pat.

PS. Bear in mind that the Hershey Region has hosted a meet every year since 1955 and they're still not perfect. This is the first national meet I've ever been involved with, we haven't done a national meet in 20 years, so don't expect us to be perfect either:eek::eek::eek:

Edited by ex98thdrill (see edit history)

Susan,

Below on this post is the list of campgrounds that is off of the website www.visitfingerlakes.com,

If you can get your motorhome in, I'd recommend Onanda Park and Beach. I didn't realize that you can camp there, but Onanda Park is a town owned park and it is on West Lake Road right on the water. I think you can look across the lake and see the college. When I was a kid, Onanda Park used to be a girl scout camp, that was turned over to the town after the camp closed.

KOA is okay, but it is farther away. There are other places listed, but they are also farther away.

Search Results for Camping

There are 6 results for this search. For more details, click on a business name.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Bristol Woodlands Campground</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Bristol, NY 14424

Modern camping facilities.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Camp in the Woods</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Flint, NY 14561

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Canandaigua KOA Kampground & Kabins</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Farmington, NY 14425

800-562-0533

www.koa.com/where/ny/32140

Camping resort, grassy tent sites, big rig sites and Kozy Kabins.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Cheerful Valley Campground</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Phelps, NY 14532

www.cheerfulvalleycampground.com

Family camping, swimming pool, store. Playground, planned activities.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Onanda Park and Beach</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

www.townofcanandaigua.org

Swimming and picnic area with hiking trails and cabins available for rent.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Ontario County Park</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Bristol Springs, NY 14512

www.co.ontario.ny.us/public_works/index.html

Spectacular views from Ontario County's highest point.

Here are some of the bed and breakfast establishments....

Search Results for Bed & Breakfast

There are 28 results for this search. For more details, click on a business name.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>1792 Filigree Inn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

888-560-7614

www.filigreeinn.com

Family friendly suites minutes away from Bristol Mountain Resort.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>1795 Acorn Inn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424-9309

866-665-3747

www.acorninnbb.com

1795 Stagecoach Inn. Warm hospitality and every comfort. AAA 4 Diamond.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>1800's Gorham House Bed & Breakfast</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Gorham, NY 14461-0043

www.gorham-house.freeyellow.com

Victorian charm, elegance and country gardens.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>1820 Springdale Farm Bed & Breakfast</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564

www.springdalefarmbb.com

Country comfort and charm in an 1820 farmhouse.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>1840 Inn On The Main</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

877-659-1643

www.innonthemain.com

Victorian bed and breakfast in the heart of Canandaigua.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>1891 Inn At The Springs B&B</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Clifton Springs, NY 14432

19th century Victorian with yesterday's charms.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456

www.bragdonhousebb.com

Historic bed and breakfast located in the heart of Geneva.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>A Peaceful Haven Bed and Breakfast</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Clifton Springs, NY 14432

www.peacefulhavenbandb.com

Comfortable, family friendly B&B near Canandaigua and Seneca lakes.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Abner Adams House Bed & Breakfast</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Bloomfield, NY 14469

888-657-4682

www.abneradamshouse.com

Trails and gardens surround this restored 1810 homestead.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Bed & Breakfast at Oliver Phelps</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

800-926-1830

www.oliverphelps.com

Style and grace with modern comforts waits to welcome you in this historic home.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Bella Ella Bed and Breakfast</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

www.thebellaella.com

1889 farmhouse minutes from Canandaigua Lake.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Bella Rose B & B</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

800-508-2134

www.bellarosebb.com

Attention to detail abounds in this renovated 1895 Victorian bed and breakfast.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Bristol Views Bed & Breakfast</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Naples, NY 14512

www.bristolviews.com

1870's farmhouse bed and breakfast.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Canandaigua Lake Area Bed & Breakfasts</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

www.bandbfingerlakes.com

Bed and Breakfasts in the beautiful Canandaigua Lake area.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Chalet of Canandaigua Bed & Breakfast</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

www.chaletbandb.com

Unique bed & breakfast tucked into wooded hills of Canandaigua.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Chambery Cottage</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

www.chamberycottage.com

French country décor and hospitality in beautiful Bristol hills.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Desired Haven Bed & Breakfast</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Bloomfield, NY 14469

www.desired-haven.com

Bed and breakfast located on 19 beautiful acres of hiking, birding or skiing trails.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Gentle Giants Bed & Breakfast</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456

866-204-2768x4989

www.gentlegiants.pair.com

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Greenwoods Bed & Breakfast Inn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Honeoye, NY 14471

800-914-3559

www.greenwoodsinn.com

Unique log inn combining luxury and comfort.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Inn at Reservoir Creek</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Naples, NY 14512

www.rcgolf.com

Turn of the century farm house bed and breakfast located on golf course.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Little Lakes Inn & Healing Center</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Honeoye, NY 14487

800-538-7099

www.littlelakesinn.com

Inn & healing spa ideal for bicycling, hiking, wine touring.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Log Cabin Bed and Breakfast</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

www.logcabin-bb.com

Adirondack style bed and breakfast nestled in the Bristol Hills.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Monier Manor Bed & Breakfast</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Naples, NY 14512

www.moniermanor.com

Elegant 1840's manor home with four luxury rooms.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Morgan Samuels Inn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

www.morgansamuelsinn.com

Beautiful bed and breakfast on 46 acres with AAA four diamond rating.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>The Clifton Pearl B&B</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Clifton Springs, NY 14432

Fully restored 1860 Victorian bed and breakfast.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>The Red Door Inn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

Historic allure with modern luxury.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>The Vagabond Inn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Naples, NY 14215

www.thevagabondinn.com

Seclusion & luxury at country inn.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>The Yorkshire Inn of Unionville</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Phelps, NY 14532

www.theyorkshireinn.com

I know from talking with Pat that this meet will be one of the best. They are working hard well in advance and covering lots of little detail. Most importantly, they are attending other meets to learn how to do it. I'm looking forward to it. Wine country too!

Terry

......................... I have reserved the Finger Lakes Performing Arts Center for a catered meal and entertainment will be provided (which will NOT include the exploits of Wayne Burgess<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype class=inlineimg id=_x0000_t75 title="Stick Out Tongue" smilieid="5" stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" alt="" src="http://forums.aaca.org/images/smilies/tongue.gif" border="0" v:shapetype o<><V:p</V:p). This is on the grounds of the <ST1:pFinger Lakes <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:PlaceType alt=</st1:PlaceType>Community College</ST1:p about 500 feet north of the showfield. There will be a cash bar available...................<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

So much for my professional debut. And, Pat, how will I find this town if I can't even pronounce Canandaigua, NY?:confused:

Doesn't matter, I'll leave early and be there some kind of way. Your region has been working too hard throughout this year to have me miss all of the fun. Your listings above will be very helpful. Good job!

Wayne

</v:shapetype>

<O:p</O:p

So much for my professional debut. And, Pat, how will I find this town if I can't even pronounce Canandaigua, NY?:confused:

Doesn't matter, I'll leave early and be there some kind of way. Your region has been working too hard throughout this year to have me miss all of the fun. Your listings above will be very helpful. Good job!

Wayne

The southern drawl doesn't help you Wayne. An easier way to prounounce Canandaigua is to say Ontario County!!:D Or you can say the town directly east of East Bloomfield.:eek:

I'll help you pronounce it to y'all

Canandaigua :confused:

Cannon (like what we all saw in Gettysburg):cool:

Day (the opposite of night):rolleyes:

Gwuh (what the local people say every year when we get our tax bill):eek:

Put all the words together and you get CannonDayGwuh.

Now the real challenge will be if Steve can get it spelled right on all of the trophies?? That portion will be an engravers nightmare. We had enough trouble when we put the Canandaigua name back on our fire truck. If my school teachers didn't make it a spelling word when I was a kid I'd be in the same boat as the rest of you.

I still have a Senior trophy from Binghampton.:D

Here are the vacation rentals. I'm not sure what they charge, but here is another option.

Search Results for Vacation Rentals

There are 12 results for this search. For more details, click on a business name. Click here to view all results.

Featured Businesses

For more details, click on a business name.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#9a99ff height=20>spacer.gif

Finger Lakes Premier Properties</TD><TD align=left>results_bkg.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

888-414-5253

www.fingerlakespremierproperties.com

Homes, cottages and cabins for rent on Canandaigua, Honeoye, Conesus, Cayuga, Keuka and Seneca lakes.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Additional Search Results

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>4-H Camp Bristol Hills</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

www.4hcampsny.org/bristol_hills

Great for company picnics, family reunions and group events.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Bristol Harbour Resort Condos</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

800-288-8248

www.bristolharbour.com

Golf and vacation resort on the shores of Canandaigua Lake.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Cobtree Vacation Rental Homes</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456-8038

866-573-6322

www.cobtree.com

Cottages available for daily or weekly rental.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Diversified Rental & Property Management</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Penn Yan, NY 14527

www.diversifiedrental.com

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Finger Lakes Premier Properties</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

888-414-5253

www.fingerlakespremierproperties.com

Homes, cottages and cabins for rent on Canandaigua, Honeoye, Conesus, Cayuga, Keuka and Seneca lakes.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Honeoye Lake Cabins</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Honeoye, NY 14469

Quaint and cozy cabins in Honeoye.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Honeoye Lake Rentals</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Honeoye, NY 14471

www.honeoyelakerentals.com

Clean, well maintained furnished rentals on Honeoye Lake.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Onanda Park and Beach</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

www.townofcanandaigua.org

Swimming and picnic area with hiking trails and cabins available for rent.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Resort Property Rentals</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

877-394-6130

Canandaigua Lake vacation rentals.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Sky Lodge Vacation Rental</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Naples, NY 14512

www.skylodgerental.com

Restored 1927 stone lodge with modern luxuries.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>The Quiet Place</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Bloomfield, NY 14469-9771

www.thequietplace.com

Getaway with complete privacy on three secluded acres.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Walnut Hill Rentals</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Naples, NY 14512

www.walnuthillrentals.homestead.com

Contemporary suite overlooking the Naples valley.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here are all of the local motels. There are some that I would not recommend, but if you're looking for a room that is inexpensive, clean and close to everything, I would recommend the LaFayette Motel. It is an old mom and pop owned motel, but it is well maintained and the closest motel to all the events that I would recommend. This is a no frills place that only has 21 rooms.

Search Results for Motels

There are 16 results for this search. For more details, click on a business name. Click here to view all results.

Featured Businesses

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#9a99ff height=20>spacer.gif

FingerLakes Inn</TD><TD align=left>results_bkg.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

800-727-2775

www.FingerLakesInn.com

Best Western Victor Inn and Suites</TD><TD align=left>results_bkg.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564

866-373-9679

www.bestwesternvictorny.com

Continental breakfast, indoor heated pool and spa.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>America's Best Value Inn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456

800-441-5227

Located in the heart of Finger Lake wine country.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>America's Best Value Inn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Farmington, NY 14425

888-315-2378

Motel with all ground floor rooms.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Blossoms Motel</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Budget Inn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Farmington, NY 14425

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Campus Lodge</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

800-727-2775

www.fingerlakesinn.com

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Clark's Motel</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>D & D Motel</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>FingerLakes Inn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

800-727-2775

www.FingerLakesInn.com

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Georgian Motel</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Lafayette Motel & Restaurant</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424-2398

One floor motel convenient to lake activities.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Miami Motel</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

Family affordable vacation lodging within minutes of lakefront activities.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Motel 6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456

800-4-MOTEL-6

Clean, comfortable and convenient location.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Red Carpet Inn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Phelps, NY 14532

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Royal Inn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Scottish Inn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Manchester, NY 14504

888-222-9035

www.roadsideinn43.com

Clean, quiet accommodations in convenient central Finger Lakes location.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>The Valley Lodge</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Bloomfield, NY 14469

Okay here is my final list of hotels. With this list, along with all of the campgrounds, vacation rentals, and motels, this list covers every place that you can stay within 15 miles of the showfield.

Understand that there are a lot of hotels that were larger, but the place that was designated as the host hotel was the nicest place closest to the showfield. There are actually more rooms in Geneva and Victor, but Canandaigua had more restaurants, and space large enough to accomodate for the show field and trailer parking. I've never seen a roundtable discussion held in an amphitheater, but if you want a glimpse of what we're going to give you go to www.cmacevents.com

Go to www.fingerlakes.edu/ for the website showing where the showfield is going to be.

For a glimpse of where our Thursday and Friday hospitality, our Judge's Breakfast, Ladies Luncheon and our Awards banquet you can see this by going to www.steamboatlandingonline.com/

For a glimpse of one of our chartered bus tours, go to www.glennhcurtissmuseum.org/ here it will give you a brief overview of what you'll see during the tour.

Okay folks, the sales pitch is over, everyone who has questions can either ask me direct or visit the websites that I've already listed. This thread has every bit of information that I can possibly give you.

By the time this is over even Wayne Burgess will be able to say Canandaigua and he'll know where it is.

Search Results for Hotels/Resorts

There are 16 results for this search. For more details, click on a business name. Click here to view all results.

Featured Businesses

Belhurst Lodging

</TD><TD align=left>results_bkg.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456

www.belhurst.com

Century-old castle overlooking Seneca Lake voted one of the most romantic places in NYS.

Ramada Geneva Lakefront

</TD><TD align=left>results_bkg.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456

800-990-0907

www.genevaramada.com

Presidential Award winning hotel on north shore of Seneca Lake.

The Inn on the Lake

</TD><TD align=left>results_bkg.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

800-228-2801

www.theinnonthelake.com

Waterfront resort and conference center.

Bristol Harbour Resort Hotel

</TD><TD align=left>results_bkg.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

800-288-8248

www.bristolharbour.com

Lakeview resort with Adirondack-style lodge.

Holiday Inn Express

</TD><TD align=left>results_bkg.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564

800-315-2621

Conveniently located off the NYS Thruway Exit 45.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Belhurst Lodging</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456

www.belhurst.com

Century-old castle overlooking Seneca Lake voted one of the most romantic places in NYS.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Best Western Victor Inn and Suites</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564

866-373-9679

www.bestwesternvictorny.com

Continental breakfast, indoor heated pool and spa.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Bristol Harbour Resort Hotel</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

800-288-8248

www.bristolharbour.com

Lakeview resort with Adirondack-style lodge.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Canandaigua Super 8 Motel</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

800-800-8000

Built in 1998, 50 rooms, some overlooking Muar Lake.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Comfort Inn & Suites</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Farmington, NY 14425

www.comfortinn.com

Close to NY Thruway Exit 44. 6 suites. Free continental breakfast. Jacuzzi, exercise room.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Econo Lodge Farmington</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Farmington, NY 14425

800-333-0536

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Geneva On The Lake</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456

800-3-GENEVA

www.GenevaOnTheLake.com

An elegant four-season resort. Conference facilities. AAA Four Diamond.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Hampton Inn & Suites</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564

800-426-7866

www.rochestersuites.hamptoninn.com

Warm and welcoming hospitality. Home away from home.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Hampton Inn Geneva</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456

877-781-2035

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Holiday Inn Express</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564

800-315-2621

Conveniently located off the NYS Thruway Exit 45.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Homewood Suites by Hilton</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564

All rooms with kitchenettes, 3 miles from NYS Thruway Exit 45.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Microtel Inn - Victor</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564

800-771-7171

Excellent location off NYS Thruway.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Naples Hotel</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Naples, NY 14512

1895 historic Federal inn with fine dining and live music.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Ramada Geneva Lakefront</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456

800-990-0907

www.genevaramada.com

Presidential Award winning hotel on north shore of Seneca Lake.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Red Carpet Inn & Suites</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

877-587-7719

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>The Inn on the Lake</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

800-228-2801

www.theinnonthelake.com

Waterfront resort and conference center.This is the host hotel

I got it Pat!

Gloria says it's a close relationship to Talladega.:D

Got to use those good old southern words if you wantin wee'n southern folks to unstand it. Bless your heart! :cool:

Wayne

Talladega?? Nope not in my parts. We have a dirt track about 1 mile from the show field. They run on Saturday nights from May until Labor Day. As for NASCAR tracks, the showfield is 55 miles northwest of Watkins Glen International. I will say that after 20 years the nascar boys are starting to learn how to run left AND right.:D:D

Speaking of Watkins Glen, they set aside one weekend every summer for the wine festival. All of the wineries in the area set up where people can taste the wines, and buy the wines (often to the point where there are a lot of drunks).

Pat, Thanks SO Much for posting all the information regarding the 2010 EDSM. :D

Those of us who have to plan far ahead due to family and work REALLY appreciate it.

I do have some questions that I did not see the answers for in all the information that you posted. (I may have missed it so I apologize if I did.)

Will there be trailer parking? If so, where will it be located and will there be provisions for security should that be necessary? Once that information is available it will be easier to make reservations for accomodations knowing where trailers can be parked.

Once again, Thank You so Very Much for posting the information. :)

Those of us who have to plan far ahead due to family and work REALLY appreciate it.

Speaking of having to plan early, it might be a good idea to "Sticky" this thread so that it is easy to find for those members that will be getting vacation scheduling sheets soon. And for those of us retired folks making plans to go. In summer kennel spaces for dogs fill up quickly so we have to plan for that also.

Guest Art Griffin

Pat,

Having never learned the word "No", I have been asked to be Meet Chairman for 4 National Meets and 1 Grand National Meet. And when I was Region President, our region hosted another National Meet. Anyway, I have a little document that I wrote to share my experience with others. Of course, I am still learning, and I am on the list to be Meet Chairman again in 2012. Maybe some day I will get it right, or I will learn to say "No". But, remember, there is no such thing as a meet that goes off without having to solve new problems.

I am e-mailing you my little write-up, so you can drop it in the trash can if you prefer.

Art Griffin

Cape Canaveral Region

Susan, I originally made this a stickee, but since we have so many meets and tours throughout the year, eventually we'd have 18 stickees and the normal posts would end up on a second page.:(

Therefore, you guys have the option of bookmarking it, or keeping it alive, within reason, of course. ;)

Wayne

Susan, I originally made this a stickee, but since we have so many meets and tours throughout the year, eventually we'd have 18 stickees and the normal posts would end up on a second page.:(

Therefore, you guys have the option of bookmarking it, or keeping it alive, within reason, of course. ;)

Wayne

Thanks Wayne. I logged on and knew that it had been stickied and then it wasn't.

Maybe we need a new forum for this kind of information. :)

Maybe we need a new forum for this kind of information. :)

I agree. I could be mistaken but I believe the idea of a seperate forum for Meets & Tours has been suggested in the past and turned down If I Remember Correctly.

More and more Regions & Chapters are coming to realize how very IMPORTANT it is to post information about the meets & tours they host on their web sites and especially on the AACA Forums. It is the most TIME and EFFORT efficient way of communicating this information and, most importantly, answering QUESTIONS for a large amount of people. While these forms of communication should not replace emails or telephone calls, they are MUCH more TIME efficient for the Regons & Chapters that host AACA events. If the AACA in General and the Chapters & Regions in particular are really sincere in their stated desire to attract younger AACA members these forms of communication simply MUST be embraced, used and supported to grow both the events and the club in general. I sincerely hope that more and more Regions & Chapters continue to embrace the use of modern technology to communicate with AACA Members and potential =NEW= AACA Members.

To AACA National and the Regions & Chapters who have embraced the technology I salute you. :cool:

To those Regions & Chapters who have not, What the heck are you waiting for????

Okay, time for me to get off of the Technology Soapbox (for now). :)

Guest Art Griffin

Susan and Charlie,

I am amazed at the number of regions and chapters that don't have web sites and don' t distribute publications and information to members by the Internet. They are certainly missing an opportunity that our technology provides. Let's continue to encourage them to make use of modern methods. And a seminar at the Annual Meeting in Philadelphia would definitely be useful. (Unfortunately, there are regions and chapters who have never had anyone attend the AACA Annual Meeting either.)

Art Griffin

Susan and Charlie,

I am amazed at the number of regions and chapters that don't have web sites and don' t distribute publications and information to members by the Internet. They are certainly missing an opportunity that our technology provides. Let's continue to encourage them to make use of modern methods. And a seminar at the Annual Meeting in Philadelphia would definitely be useful. (Unfortunately, there are regions and chapters who have never had anyone attend the AACA Annual Meeting either.)

Art Griffin

Let me try to address that Art!

I think all of this comes down to the aging of our club. Here in the Northern Neck, my son, the region's webmaster, got a job out of town, and moved on with his life. The job and his interest in music has required him to give up his webmaster duties. Our region has found no one to take over this duty. After 9 years, I have been able to find a replacement editor for our region, but again, no one ever showed an interest in taking on this task. From my experience, newsletter production, web hosting, and other internet work overwhelms most older members of AACA regions. I've done my best to explain that you don't have to have a world class newsletter or web site to pass on pertinent club information to AACA members. Anything is better than nothing, and as is usually the case, all of us learn more about a subject after using it regularly.

So, what to do? As Art mentioned, seminars are essential in getting the message out, but I think we need these seminars to occur more than just in Philly once a year. We need to have more on National Meets and Tours, and even regional at local club meetings, using a hands on approach. Of course the easiest way is to recruit new/young members, who actually grew up with this "new fangled" technologies. :) I'll be the first to admit that I don't know a lot about the web.

Hope that helps!

Wayne

I do have some questions that I did not see the answers for in all the information that you posted. (I may have missed it so I apologize if I did.)

Will there be trailer parking? If so, where will it be located and will there be provisions for security should that be necessary? Once that information is available it will be easier to make reservations for accomodations knowing where trailers can be parked.

Once again, Thank You so Very Much for posting the information. :)

Charlie, you are more than welcome on the meet information. Right now we're both club members, but when the meet comes to town, I look at it as a standpoint of you becoming a customer of mine. I'm trying to put as much information out so you are not left scratching your head. The thing that I hate more than anything is to go into someplace blind only to arrive and find out that no one has a clue as to what's going on. I am trying my best to make sure that this doesn't happen. One way is to post this on the forum over 7 months out.

As for trailer parking I can only tell you this.

1. We have three parking lots at the college, all of them are paved, and the deal on the property has been finalized.

2. The spectator parking lot holds 539 cars (which I'm hoping is more than enough).

3. The trailer parking lot holds 333 cars.

4. The show field holds 2,700 cars. With a parking lot with 2,700 parking spaces, we can have a showfield bigger than Hershey and have no problems (please don't do this to me folks).

5. I have no intentions of having 2,700 cars show up, so I'm hoping to have at least 1,200 to 1,300 parking spots left over for having trailer parking immediately adjacent to the show field. Some of that area will be used for region worker parking, judge's parking and flea market.

6. I am working with the owner of a water park that has a paved parking lot for roughly 1,000 cars. This lot is 1-1/5 miles from the show field. We are still in the negotiating stage for overflow parking.

7. The owner of the banquet facility is in the process of building on a 6 story hotel onto the banquet facility that will not be done in time for the meet. He has between 1/2 and 3/4 of a mile of road frontage between the banquet facility and the host hotel that is vacant land on gravel. I have a verbal agreement with the owner of the banquet facility for parking to accomodate for a minimum of 100 trucks and car trailers to deal with overflow trailer parking.

8. As of this writing I have a region member who is working to secure the parking lot of the old Wal-Mart store. The old Wal-Mart store is 1/2 mile mile from the showfield. My intent is to use that for the people that show up on a Saturday morning and don't have the room or the time to unload.

9. We will most likely be charging a fee for trailers to pay for the land used for overflow trailer parking. If the lease is priced right and we have surplus funds, it will be paying for the overnight security (which we haven't nailed down yet).

As much as I hate to say this, the amount of trailer parking is going to boil down to how many people pull in with trailers and how well my people park them. Until registration closes, this whole trailer deal is going to be a crap shoot.

I hope this helps.

As to there being a website for all regions and chapters...

Obviously as AACA webmaster I'm all for it! And the AACA provides the hosting free to the regions.

However, being a regional webmaster does require some knowledge of how to build and maintain a website. I originally was a big fan of Frontpage from Microsoft as the tool to use to maintain a regional website. Unfortunately it has been discontinued. Now I simply recommend that a regional webmaster find the tool that meets their budget and experience and I try to adapt to their hosting needs.

Peter

Susan and Charlie,

Art Griffin

Oh no Art, we have a website, but not everything is nailed down yet, so that's why it isn't posted. I placed this on the forum because it gives people the personal touch and a direct line into the meet chairman. Many of the things I have done myself, but if I didn't do this, I either have the answer or know where to find the answer. My phone is already starting to ring off the hook, so if this knocks out a couple of rounds of phone tag, this is time well spent putting out this information early. I don't want people booking rooms in the host hotel and then get mad because all of the activities are taking place someplace else. By doing this, everyone knows why things have been moved.

Susan, for more information on the race track, go to www.canandaiguaspeedway.com/ This is a 1/2 mile dirt track. I'd say one of the most successfull drivers to get his start in racing at this track was former Nationwide Series driver Mike "Magic Shoes" McLaughlin. As I mentioned, this track is a mile from the showfield and they run on Saturday nights.

If you decided to catch a Friday night race, Black Rock Speedway in Dundee, NY runs there as well. For information on that track go to www.blackrockspeedway.com/. During the week when the Nascar boys come up to run Watkins Glen, Tony Stewart almost always comes in and runs a car in the Friday night race.

Hey we are from Titusville Pa. will there be a swap meet also?

Vern Barker

Not like Hershey, and only if vendors show up. I have stressed very heavily with my committee chairs that that the food vendors will be downwind from the cars so that the smoke isn't blowing grease on the cars.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Susan, Art, Wayne & Peter I agree with all of you that those that are missing out on the benefits of modern technology to help with meets, tours and just running a Region or Chapter need assistance. There are many challenges when it comes to embracing & learning about the Technology and how to use it. I have no doubt that those within the AACA that have the expertise will find a way to share it with those that need assistance.

Peter, Once again Thank You for creating the Meets & Tours Forum.

I have used MS Frontpage for a number of years for my auto related web site.

It is hard to believe that my web site has been around for almost 14 years now.

Going forward my challenge is to find web site software that can handle the size of my web site (33,000+ pages & images).

My current version of Frontpage gets bogged down dealing with a site of that size.

Pat, I can appreciate your thoughts on AACA Members becoming a "Customer" when AACA Members get to town.

Being in the Information Technology field many of my co-workers are customers when it comes to the support I give them on a daily basis.

Thanks so much for the information about the trailer parking. I really appreciate it. I too would rather not go somewhere blindly especially when I am towing my show car. Trying to track down a parking spot for a trailer at the last minute after a long drive is not my idea of fun.

When it comes to a fee for trailer parking I have absolutely no problem paying for it. BTW, speaking of trailer parking, when I signed up for trailer parking at the Gettysburg Meet they requested the length of my tow rig. No doubt they used that for planning purposes. Doing that might come in handy for your meet as well.

Thanks Charlie. Understand that our intentions are to give preferential trailer parking to the race cars and brass cars so that they can be driven onto the showfield without causing a problem with traffic. I have been given the blessing from the director of campus safety to allow the race cars and brass cars to be driven onto the show field without getting ticketed.

One of the things I have neglected to mention involves the owners of scooters and motorcycles. New York State has a helmet law, so if you are riding your scooter and/or motorcycle in, you will have to wear a helmet.

Of course I'm not done putting out information, but I am trying to get as much out there as soon as I can so that everyone who plans on coming knows what's going on, where it's going on, and how we plan to do things. Of course there will be last minute changes, but understand what our intent is, and be willing to work with us if we are forced to change our intent by someone else.:o:o:o

Hi,

For those concerned about the ethanol problem, we have ethanol free gas in Canandaigua. Check out the photo

See you in Canandaigua 2010

Bill Boudway

If I'm not mistaken Bill is referring to Tom's Gulf on Main Street next to Pizza Hut.

By the way, just so you all know Bill is one of my hardworking volunteers helping me to bring a good meet to everyone.

By the way, just so you all know Bill is one of my hardworking volunteers helping me to bring a good meet to everyone.

AND a very nice man for sure. I got to see and talk to him again this year at Hershey. :)

And I am looking forward to your show ex. I know that you will make every effort to make this a great event for everyone.

I am looking forward to your show ex. I know that you will make every effort to make this a great event for everyone.
Well we're going to do our best. I have a lot of good people behind me, and we'll do the best that we can do. I know that Hershey has been doing a meet every year since 1955, and they're not perfect, so being a first timer I know that I'd consider myself lucky if things come off as good as what Hershey does.

This meet business is tough stuff. I do encourage others to get involved because if you did, you'd gain a little more understanding and appreciation for what the Hershey Region does each and every year. Hershey does their meet every year, but it seems between the Township of Derry, HERCO, etc. they still get thrown a curve ball. THings seem to be pretty well in place with us, but knowing the curve balls that Hershey gets thrown to them, we won't have the experience to work through them like the Hershey Region does.

The biggest thing is that I want it perfectly clear about the host hotel and why things were moved.

Hey guys,

Could you all do a favor for me??

Would some of you mind putting the preliminary information in your region newsletters??

I put this out on the forum, and my phone is still ringing off of the hook, and everytime I get a phone call about a host hotel, I'm sounding like a broken record. If you would forward information about not getting down to the host hotel, you'd be of a tremendous help for me.

Speaking of Host Hotel, if you plan on staying at the Canandaigua Inn on the Lake (labelled as our host hotel), As of Sunday morning they're down to 27 rooms. That doesn't mean that we won't get more, but if nothing changes and you want to stay there, you'd better do it quick.

We are going to do more advertising, but my phone is ringing off the hook before we can get it done.