1939 Lincoln Zephyr Speedometer

Guest DADDIO65

• 3 months later...

My camera found the ghost so I can't put the picture of the Zephyr dash board cluster minus the curved glass, I found while searching for parts for my 40. I will try to describe it as best I can. It's 7 3/4 in diameter overall, two chrome rings with groves, the center ring is 4 7/8 ths dia, Lincoln in script on the top behind a plastic that has the writing on it. What looks to be arrows on both side of Lincoln on the top of the cluster, fuel and oil guages on the left side temp and amps on right side, all four are on the outer circle, inner circle is the speedo numbers from 0 in the 7:00 position to 110 in the 5:00 position V-12 is in the 6:00 position a round beige center circle 2 3/8ths with a chrome button in the center, it has an red arrow on the edge that spins and is the actual speed indicator. Hope it helps. I'll post a picture when I am able to.

The turn signals tell a story that I can't read in my early, as in, just started education on these vehicles.

Skip

I fingered that one out after seeing a refurbished one. The one I have has no odometer in it, yet the refurbished one does? why the difference? Different models? Is a coupe different from a 4 dr sedan, verses a 2 dr coupe?

Skip