1942/43 Buick Sedan

Guest TatanBsAs

Guest TatanBsAs

Hi everybody. I need some help. My father has a 1942 Buick Sedan (actually we are not sure if its a 43- we know it was the last year before manufacturing stopped due WW II). It needs to be restored, but it has all the parts. We were wondering what the value of such a vehicule would be if it were to be restored. Does anybody know where I could get additional information?

Thanks for the help,

Sebastian

Ther were no 1943 Buicks as the US Gov't ordered all auto production stopped in the first week of February 1942.

Value of a restored 1942 Buick depends on the model and level of restoration. Cars restored to so-called condition 2 would range from $17K to $26K, excluding convertibles. Check Old Cars Price Guide or Cars of Particular Interest in your local library.

Joe, BCA 33493

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Sebastian:

There are two numbers that will help: First, the frame number is on a small tag on the door post. First digit will be 1, 2, or 3. Second is the engine number and it's stamped on a small machined surface just behind the distributor. Post them here and I can tell you which plant built the car and when. Also, if you post the numbers on the body plate (right side of firewall under the hood) I can tell you color and trim.

Regards, Dave Corbin

Okay, I'm in town, for once. As far as the body serial number is concerned, it's on a metal tag, screwed to the firewall, under the hood, in front of the passenger, not on the driver side, by the ID plate which is riveted on. It is about 1 inch high, and about 4 inches long, and fastened on by 2 very short screws, with slotted heads. It is reverse stamped and has the buick emblem stamped into it also, stamped in reverse from the back. The frame number is stamped into the top of the frame, under the battery box, just to the rear of where the cross member diagonal stiffener is fastened to the frame rail. They are usually stamped rather lightly, so, it may be hard to find, but, it's there. I have on occasion looked and looked, and, once you find the first digit, you will see the rest of them. It should match the body serial number, unless the screwed on tag has been changed, and, that's not good. Hope that helps. Now, Dave Corbin can fill you in with the manufacter dates etc. Thanks, Paul