Judging class for BMW 633CSi ?

Vila

I plan on showing my BMW 633CSi at Hershey next year (2010), but am not sure what class to register it in.

I was told 27p for 1984 production vehicles. This does not seem correct to me, but I can not find another class that would seem appropriate.

It is my understanding that the original BMW 6 series was not produced on an assemble line, but rather at a fixed assembly location where the parts would be brought to for builting up the car.

In 1984 dollars the original cost was in the range of $47,000 to $65,000, which is well above the typical production car of the era.

The 633CSi was advertised as a luxury touring coupe and the top of the line BMW in it's time.

The entire BMW 6 series production ran from 1975 to 1989 (15 years) with a total production of 86,219 for all variants. See my website for list of all 8 variants from the 628CSi thru the M6.

The total production of the 633CSi model was 23,432 with production running from 1975 to 1984.

The total production of 1984 BMW 633CSi's was 2007, with 1,173 having manual 5 speed transmissions like mine.

Visit my website at Bob's Vintage Cars for more details if needed.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I will have my black 1933 chevrolet in the HPOF class at Hershey 2009 if you want to look me up.

Bob Beers

AACA, VCCA, VTR, TRA, and CPTC.

1933 Chevrolet Master Coupe

1962 Triumph TR4

1984 BMW 633CSi

Edited by Vila
added 1975 to 84 production figure, 23,432 (see edit history)

Bob, At this time the production class would be the correct class for your car. However, you as the vehicle owner can write to the Vice President Class Judging, currently that is Joseph Vicini. Joe's address appears in your Antique Automobile magazine. In the letter you can request that your make/model be considered for Class 29 which is the Prestige Vehicle class. You will need to include photos of your car, inside and out as well as production amounts compared to the more common vehicles of the make and anything else you think that causes your car to stand out in the crowd. Typically this class houses Rolls Royce, Bentley, certain Mercedes, Packards and Cadillacs and many other cars that stood out in the crowd. The only way this class expands is by owners such as yourself requesting that a certain type vehicle be accepted. Obviously not every car is accepted, however every car is given a discussion at a future meeting of the National Judging Committee. All of the info you provide will be distributed to the voting committee (hint... the more info the better.). If you begin this process in the near future I would think there would be a good chance you could get an answer well in time to register for 2010 Hershey. Good Luck with it!

• 2 weeks later...