service manuals buick reatta 1990

Wow, I have been looking for this on Ebay and Amazon. Prices are about $100.00 ? Ouch, that is a lot of coin for a book. Then again, owning a Reatta its like a bible for a preacher, LOL.

A must have I am guessing! :eek:

Any other places sell this for less ?

You can go to www.helminc.com and purchase a new service manual. They are $105 new. Sometimes Helm has a sale and you can get them for $90. They also have new owners manuals for $24

I have seen used ones on Ebay for $150 and much less...... just keep looking. the 1990 seems to be in the highest demand, driving their prices higher than the other years.

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

I'd set up a search on ebay for one and if your patient you can probably get one for $75 or less if your lucky. In the mean time learn to use the one on-line as best you can. Its broken down into the major systems, then go to the index for the section you intersted in and find the page #. Take your illuminated entry problem. The Electrical Diagnostics section is 8A. The page for the illuminated entry problem is 114 1,2,3 + 4. Sometimes the diagrams are real hard to decipher due to the quality of the scans though. Once you get the hang of it its not that bad. You can download all the files to you hard drive if you have space, which will make it faster to navigate. Then you can print out the page your intested in and take it out to the garage and spill coffee and grease all over it, and you haven't ruined your precious hard copy.

a hobby, a lifestyle, a learning experience, an excuse to support Harbor Freight, and sometimes a money pit.

And worth all of it not to drive a vehicle that looks like everyone else's plus those pesky $500.00 vehicle plus $$$ insurance payments.

And the "new" or "preliminary" version is a supplement to the previous year, not 1988. You may be thinking of the Corvair (years after 1965 just had supplements).

For that matter, even the "final" isn't. You also need the relevant TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) to see slipstreamed changes.

I asked my neighbor, who works at a Buick dealership, if they have any old '90 Reatta manuals kicking around. He came across a manual for the '91's and said I could keep it if it was of any help. My question is, how much information in the '91 service manual can be used on a '90? I know the braking system is different as far as vacuum versus pump, but could I use this manual in place of a '90, at least for now?

Tom