Battery AH size

Guest Harry Connors

Guest Harry Connors

I need to buy a battery for my 1948 Continental Coupe. I have the dimensions of the battery but what should the AH be. I cannot find in any of my reference material. The car has one sealed beam 6 volt Halogen headlight (the other is a standard seal beam), does anyone know where I can buy another? Thanks Harry

Harry, you should have a NAPA near u. They can get the batt..it was orignal 2f now obsolete..the parts stores have a small 6 volt and a larger one that has more plates and fits in the tray...it is similar to 12 volt modern gp 75 batt... kinda like golf cart.

If you still need it let me know i will get you a napa number

Guest Harry Connors

Sorry I am stationed in Germany and the only NAPA store near here was in Kaiserslauter next to one of the largest US Forces communities, but the last time I was down there they were closed/gone. This weekend is the largest Old Car parts market in Germany - Veterama - in Mannheim and I will check there. At the German auto parts stores they look at me like I escaped from a padded room when I ask if they can get me a 6-volt battery.

Harry, I was able to buy a Group2, 6 volt battery from my local parts store. This group2 battery is a standard size and fits the Lincoln in all dimensions. Evidently this battery also is used for old tractors so maybe a German battery shop might be able to come up with something, good luck.