Worse than the 1919 Merc

Steve Braverman

That 3/4 front view, the first photo isn't half bad, but the details kill the overall look. Headlights too close together, stupidfront axle to radiator relationship, windwings blocking entry, seating for people 5 foot 3 or shorter.................and a top boot to cover the folded top that is just shamefull. It is relisted for less money. I'm holding on to my gold bars too.

Guest DeSoto Frank

Chitty-chitty clang-clang ! :P

Well.. this is a better attempt than that faux Mercedes, but what a mutt !!!!

The "Full Classic" version of Johnny Cash's "One piece at a time"....

Caveat emptor !!!

:cool:

Guest Gary Hearn

For 150 large, I would hope to get more than metal toggle switches in the cockpit. I like my "precious" rusty metal better than his.

That 3/4 front view, the first photo isn't half bad, but the details kill the overall look. Headlights too close together, stupidfront axle to radiator relationship, windwings blocking entry, seating for people 5 foot 3 or shorter.................and a top boot to cover the folded top that is just shamefull. It is relisted for less money. I'm holding on to my gold bars too.

I personally like the setback radiator. On the Mercedes 500k/540k the sportiest bodies got the setback radiator where everything was moved 5 inches backward on the chassis. Gave a very nice long look.

The detail I dislike on this car is the position of the rear wheels in the well. Too far to the outside.

You might be able to get a older restoration L29 Coupe but the Chrysler CG with that body is going to be a lot more. The general rule of thumb I use on exact replicas is 25 cents on the dollar give or take. Note I'm saying EXACT replicas (i.e. original drive trains). This is something different and certainly harder to value. If it was an exact replica of a CG roadster then I would say the price is not totally crazy.

Yep....it's a little "cartooney", but it does have some redeeming value. I like long hoods and fenders, but these are a little too long. It sure does look more like a classic roadster than the other car (fake Mercedes) in question looks like a real car. I would like to drive it to see how it handles.

The front wheels are too far forward by about 3 or 4 inches, the fenders should have been skirted to eliminate the skinny, "something's missing", look of the front part of the car. The same upholsterer did the top boot that did the top on the 1919 Mercedes. The dash is very uninspired. A car of that caliber in the 30s would have had a nice hardwood dash and better looking gauges than those, off the shelf, units. Not horrible, but needs a lot more work to make it right in my eyes. The idea that this car is worth 150K and will appreciate as an investment is absurd. I'll keep my bars in the volt