Leaking Brake Fluid

Guest toyolet23

Guest toyolet23

1989 Reatta. Discovered a spot on the garage (Brake Fluid) floor today. Found leak which looks to be coming from around the black ball (or surrounding area). No brake lights on in car. checked the forum for info but nothing that relates directly to no lights on but have a leak. Anyone have any ideas as to what/where the leak is.

Edited by toyolet23 (see edit history)

Guest Kingglory

I am just learning myself but here is a picture of the system. From what I have been reading its a common. These guys on here know this car and will help you out.

post-63974-143138116043_thumb.jpg

Guest toyolet23

Ronnie- I read that post but I have owned the car for 8 months & never put any brake fluid in it. Referring to the pic posted above it looks as though it is leaking either from the black ball #20 or maybe from #8 line & dripping down on the middle section of #16. Has anyone experienced this type of leak? Kingglory linkie no workie & Thank you for the pic definitely helped. Didn't have much time to check this out today but will clean it up tomorrow & see if I can pinpoint the leak.

Guest Kingglory
The links work fine for me. Check your browser setting if you keep having problems.

Anyone else having problem with links to my website?

Not at all. Thats where I got the info. I hijacked it from your link, :D

Guest toyolet23

Guess I'm getting old & senile. Didn't remember putting brake fluid in it but checked this morning & it was definitely overfull. Siphoned out the overfill then pumped the brakes 25 times & siphoned out even more brake fluid. I remember looking at the master cylinder a couple of weeks ago & thinking I would have to put fluid in it but don't remember doing it but evidently I did. And they say these are the Golden Years, can't see good-can't hear good-can't remember very good. Dang wish I was 25 again. At any rate Thanks Ronnie & Kingglory much appreciated. Think I am going to sell my Reatta and go back to an old Mopar as I know them like the back of my hand, now if I could only remember where I put the back of my hand. :D:D:D