90 - 93 Riviera wanted

Guest jcc3inc

Jack,

I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing that I own two 92 riv's (Mr Earl can attest to that)! But, I can't quit talking about them I enjoy them that much.

Some info to aid in your decision: the 92-93 riv's went through some reengineering to improve steering, suspension, sound deadening, increased horsepower, and added solar glare glass to name a few. Unlike the Reatta, rivs were NOT equipped with a Teaves break system.

They are still very undervalued so you can pick up a very well preserved one for under $4K. Most previous owners were those in their late fifties who brought their riv's to Buick dealerships for maintenance/repairs, so no back yard mechanics involved. Even if they have high mileage, most if not all 3800's just don't quit. For the most part the only issue these cars have is the theft-deterrent system tends to fail (just pull the fuse).

I attend local shows & cruiz-in's during the spring/summer and I must say this is the first year my riv's got alot more positive attention than in past years (years past some was even negative to zero).

You might try jaXed (combination of various car selling websites) and punch in the years your interested in.

Good hunting and don't hesitate to ask questions here....I have riv manuals from 91-93, the Dealer book for 92 (includes options/colors etc), and the parts book from 86-93 as reference material.

Roger...thanks, I didn't realize the doc's were there...good to know.

Charlie...My wife and I owned both 96 and 97 Riv's before the two current Eldo's...absolutely great cars...miss them but we've gotten around to liking our Eldo's too!

Kevin,

Yes, I saw that one....very good shape. Its almost the same as the 92 my wife and I picked up in January of this year except that hers also has a white cap (we sold an 85 riv to get this one). The white leather interior was an additional $700 option first made available by Buick in April of 92 for the 92 & 93 rivs. My problem w/ additional cars is there's no place for me to store them....I'm out of space (even though I've lately had my eye on an 85 lemon colored ext/int Eldo with the stainless roof).